phone number from U.S. but wants me to ship overseas. Not comfortable.......HELP.

G-dogg97
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone;

I am new to this and have a problem.  I received a text from a lady in Washington (206) area code for an item I am selling from Canada.  I told her it was still for sale and she said she would pay me through paypal. Everything was fine till she wanted me to send it overseas to Ogun, Nigeria. Then a flag went up for me. She is very persistent that I get this item shipped today. I am not comfortable with this pushiness. The e-mails I received from paypal to confirm shipping and everything had an extra dot at the end of .com , it was .com.

I changed some banking info on my account and that e-mail from paypal telling me I changed things was only  .com

does this sound like a scam?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

feminicity
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a text on my cellular phone, offering me an additional $200 to ship an item to Nigeria right away, from Canada.  Why would someone want to purchase an item for $140, and offer an additional $200 for shipping?  They are asking that I ship it via Canada Post with insurance.  Sounds strange to me also.

Login to Me Too

G-dogg97
Contributor
Contributor

I have had about 50 texts from this person about getting it shipped.  I told them I would not ship it till I had the money in my hand. Now I am being threatened with a lawsuit. Yeah good luck with that one. They would start texting me at 5am and bother me all day. I told them that it if finished and to leave me alone because I have reported it and the messages just quit. I have since received 3 other text messages from US. Area codes and have told them to send me the money then I would send them the item and none have messaged back.

Login to Me Too

feminicity
Contributor
Contributor

That's insane!!  I have not received more than 2 texts from this person, but I have emailed them with questions.  They just responded and are now offering $500 for my $140 item...LOL!  Sounds way too good to be true, and in most cases, it is!!  Also, when they responded this time, their email address included "paypal" in it, and when I hit the reply button, it was another email address that showed up...can you say SCAM!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.