Car Fraud? Wondering who thinks this is Legit

Got offer for $700 more than car is posted on Kijiji...

Here was email basically...

-----------------------

Thank you for this details,  Well in regards to the vehicle am very much interested in buying it and paying for it right away so you don't have to look around for any other buyer for it.  I'm actually buying it for my Brother at home in Ontario as a surprise,  But before i can send it to him i have to make sure the vehicle is in a good condition . I hope you understand my point that there is no way i come to do the inspection of the vehicle my self as have said earlier besides the vehicle will be picked up and transported to Ontario where my Parents stays, So whatever you tell me  about the good and the bad aspect of the vehicle is what i will believe and also inform the Pick-up agent that will be coming over to pick the vehicle

After have completed the payment the agent will contact you about where and when the pick up will take place and they will also be of assistance to do the change of ownership when they get there.   but before i proceed with the Payment is there is any problem which you're yet to mention that i should know , please let me know now meanwhile can you please please take the add off online now till we complete the transaction and please send me your PayPal email and i will make the Payment right now
----------------------------

I'm thinking it is a scam - and once vehicle is sold - he will request PayPal refund for some mechanical problem... And I am out car...

Thoughts anyone - is this something people should be aware of...

Merle

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Just read other similar scams...

Apparantly they claim they didn't get car and ask for PayPal refund... But your car is gone and signed over...

What if - u record the transaction on video - showing email, "agent" on video - signing for receipt of car etc... And driving off???

Document the sale on video - would that work?

Login to Me Too

tarabryan
Contributor
Contributor

this is def. a scam. and It is a common scam.

Look, if it sounds to good to be true...it is!!

Login to Me Too

pinkpop4
New Community Member

I JUST  got the same reply for my vehicle. They said they were from London, England and that they were buying my truck for an in-law and that they were "very interested". I went along with it thinking this may have been a blessing in disguise, but I thought wrong. I got fake paypal emails where none of the links on the email worked. Then the email stated that I needed to send them $750 through Western Union for the "pending payment" to go through. I've have my fair share with buying and selling using paypal and not once have I ever had this come up, so that's when I knew it was a scam. Then they threatened to "report me" because this supposid "money" that was pending is already deducted from their account. I basically told them to get f*cked and go ahead and "report me", because I just reported them! 

Oh and funny thing, they said something about an "agent" coming to pick up the truck  too. 

I hate people like this, they will all get what coming to them one day ! b*stards....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.