Seller to pay shipping prior to receiving funds

JPBELANGER
New Community Member

I recently was contaced by a buyer that stated she made payment on motorcycle and wants to ship it overseas. I promptly received a Notification of An Instant Merchandise Payment with a transaction ID #. The funds don't appear in my account and buyer states they will only be released by Paypal once I pay $2350 to the provided Shipper in Malaysia. The notification Shipping and Handling Handled by Paypal (includes any seller packing fees). Is this normal practice or is this fraud?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

JPBelanger -

If you don't see the transaction in your History, I would say the email you received is a fake and your buyer may be attempting to scam you.  Check out the main threads up at the top for how to tell fake emails from real ones and to read about some examples of other members who were almost scammed.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

moskwa
New Community Member

Hi Folks

I just had the same kind of scenario, and he's still on at this time, I have to pay $1,100.00 upfront to receive the amount from Paypal, something wrong, at least 3 different email addresses, I won't sell my bike to this guy

Login to Me Too

moskwa
New Community Member

Piece of advice,

NEVER , NEVER  pay up front for transportation, if the buyer cannot arrange himself for transportation, for such and such reason, forget about it, it is a scam for sure, especially if you have to pay for him. With Internet you can find wherever the seller is a transportation company with whom you can make arrangements to bring it to the buyer.

The worst is that the buyer is contacting you through emails so he has access to int'l transportation companies

Beware

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.