I'm in Canada is there no way to confirm my shipping address?

Mistycorkery198
New Community Member

I'm in Canada and my shipping address is in the status of unconfirmed. there is a not saying Paypal at the most part can't confirm out of state addresses. The seller I have on ebay has a note on his page saying they will refund payment on unconfirmed addresses...help plz

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Mistycorkery198 -

Welcome to the boards!

The note you see is correct - PayPal can't confirm shipping addresses in all locations.  The way an address becomes confirmed is by adding a credit card who's billing statement is sent to that shipping address.  If we can confirm the address with the credit card company, then the address becomes confirmed.

Some sellers look at confirmed addresses as a way to filter out potentially fraudulent transactions (after all, if you stole a credit card, would you buy items and have them sent to the cardholder?).  However, this is purely a choice by the merchant, and when selling on eBay, their protections through PayPal are unaffected by the status of an address.  Perhaps they are unaware that it doesn't affect their protections, so you might send them a heads up about their protections. 

For more information on our various Protections, click here.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.