scammers selling H shoes

hardteam
Contributor
Contributor

Wife bought 2 pair "Hoka" shoes at a wonderful deal from  market place. They were charged to paypal that went to here credit card. This is the scammers info 

"sunshinesallysstuff"
[removed]

I told here that was too good to be true but looked up the site and they were selling though "paypal" and it looked as if pay pal was okaying the transaction, so it must be an okay site. So I bought 3 pairs from same company using my paypal. Never got the shoes, no reply from sellers, so I got refund from "paypal". However, my wife says she did not use paypal but in fact that is how it was charged to her credit card. I just found the receipt from "paypal" but it is not from  our account. Looking at it I think it is a new account she did not know was being created. She was to get 2 pair for 79.99 and I was going to get 3 Pair for 99.00. My concern is this is an active scam that gets money to do nothing and after so many days keeps the money due to length of time passed and pay pal limits to claim a refund. If you can get a complaint through in time they give a refund. If that is what it is, it should work. It needs to be stopped and everyone that has forgotten about it will loose their money to scammers. Since I found the receipt, I may be able to get "paypal" to identify the new account and close it and investigate this scam. This is a great scam and all they have to say is, well someone forgot and it slipped though the crack.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hardteam 

Disclaimer of Warranty and Release

”PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so.”

Trust your gut, do research of seller before buying. And if indeed something is too good to be true, it is, and you said it.

>However, my wife says she did not use paypal but in fact that is how it was charged to her credit card. I just found the receipt from "paypal" but it is not from  our account. Looking at it I think it is a new account she did not know was being created. She was to get 2 pair for 79.99 and I was going to get 3 Pair for 99.00.

In regards to your wife’s transactions, the seller used PayPal to process card payments as PayPal guest checkout so she can activate her PayPal account to open dispute from the PayPal email receipts as per:

I have a problem with my PayPal transaction, but I can't find it on my PayPal account. What do I do?

Otherwise, file chargeback through her card issuer if she did not receive her order.

It’ll be great if PayPal can micro manage merchants watching every move of their business but in reality it’s impossible. You can report violations of Acceptable Use Policy.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.