milica [removed] or [removed]

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone had any dealings with this person? Attempted to by a wedding dress I was selling on Facebook, immediately sends funds to me without asking any questions about the Wedding Dress but addresses given for delivery aren't residential addresses and some don’t show as valid addresses at all on post office website. I was given 3 addresses in total, all in Milton [removed]. After being put under pressure to send the parcel I’ve cancelled due to my concerns. My question is, if they’ve sent the money to PayPal how can they scam me from there? I’m confused at how this can be done although certain this person isn’t genuine.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Jessicaproc1992
Contributor
Contributor

The money went into my pending because she said she needs the tracking number to be able to release the funds properly, thats when it hit me this isn't right, I called Paypal and they said it should never go into your pending it should always show in your account. I have since cancelled the request of money and called the police for a crime reference number and now having to get parcel to try and get my parcel back. 

I just don't understand the game she is playing?? Like does she want dresses to re-sell or what is it? I gave no money to her and no bank details so I don't really understand whats going on, obvs I have now panicked after seeing your comments as i googled her name and instantly tried to cancel everything. 

Login to Me Too

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor
Ah, see I don’t use PayPal often and assumed that the payment pending made sense, to protect the buyer and the seller? Because essentially if you were a dodgy seller and the item doesn’t exist or never gets sent, you receive the money without ever having to post the item?! Well done for googling the name, I did the same and got nothing so I’m glad I’ve put the post in here so hopefully it will at least warn others. Yeah I can’t understand it either?! With the addresses she sent me, I didn’t have any confidence she’d actually receive the item, is that what she wants?! I used to work in transaction fraud in a bank and it’s still blagging my head - I don’t get what she gets out of this!? And why specifically target wedding dresses?!
Login to Me Too

Jessicaproc1992
Contributor
Contributor

Same! I thought bloody paypal was the safe method but apparently not. I thought going into pending means its all going ahead and everything is going to be okay. I have deffo been blocked as well as the facebook name has totally gone. I do wonder what would have happened though as its also blagging my head as to what her motive is? Urgh. I am so annoyed at myself for doing this. I really do hope I get this back. 

Login to Me Too

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor
I’ll keep everything crossed for you that you don’t lose out with this transaction!
Login to Me Too

LizzyB5
Contributor
Contributor

I’m so pleased I googled the email address I thought it was too good to be true. But again I didn’t know how it could be a scam if they paid you but reading these posts I see how they can. Email address I have is [removed] and on Facebook market place. Also the profile has only been created on the 1st Jan - profile Millica [removed] Thank you for posting

Login to Me Too

AmandaK9
She has just messaged me willing to buy my dress and asked me to request the money via paypal :)))) luckily I Googled her email address and read these messages. #be aware I sent her a nice message, reported her and blocked her :))
Login to Me Too

Jeni1702
New Community Member
Same!! Have just blocked now!
Login to Me Too

LHalliwell
New Community Member
Literally just had this person message me too! So pleased it’s been reported on here so I could read about it before taking the gamble! I assume they rip you off by saying the item wasn’t received then forcing a refund from PayPal. Can’t imagine PayPal would refund to them though as it’s obviously a scam!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LHalliwell 

Scam has been ongoing for about 15 years now and I must post the below information on a daily basis.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen as they have not paid.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Staceyto
New Community Member
This exact thing is happening to me right now. Luckily I have not sent the item yet! Thanks so much for registering this!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.