Joyui is giving PayPal customers a reason to bring a class action suit against PayPal

ElloDuck
Contributor
Contributor

Joyui is giving PayPal customers a reason to bring a class action suit against PayPal for letting them continue to do business despite being blatant frauds. The complaints about Joyui are so consistent and blatant I don't know how they have been able to continue to scam on and on for years. It's almost surprising that they are still allowed to continue to do business. PayPal aren't you worried about how your treatment of your customers is going to present in a court case? You have been shown over and over that Joyui are bad players and yet you continue to let people get ensnared in their scams. Shame on you.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElloDuck 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ElloDuck
Contributor
Contributor
This is victim blaming. You're saying, "I should have known better". That's unacceptable. It isn't my business to be working with scammers. I can do my best, but you can't expect me to be better at catching a scammer when they have all the data. I refuse to accept this as your advice is the best that can be done. I generally don't buy off the internet for these reasons. One slipped by my radar and now I see complaints going back a few years on a range of items. I don't see how you can justify that PayPal can't shut them down with that kind of time, data and history. Shame on you for blaming me. I am not the scammer. PayPal knew there is a problem with this company and have done nothing to warn the public. If nothing else, maybe they should be letting you know that they have a terrible track record before you can send them money. Why not give Joyui a taste of their own medicine? If they are closed down then they have to reset again. Why not make them go through the inconveniences of that? The more you make it hard for them to do their scam, the less they are going to be able to scam. Don't put it on the unsuspecting shopper. I generally don't fall for this stuff. I went through PayPal expecting some kind of indicator that they would be far more aware of scammers than myself. Again they have all the data.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElloDuck 

ok best advice is don't buy tat from China from Social Media sites !!!

If its cheap then you can bet its tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ElloDuck
Contributor
Contributor
Does it make you feel better kicking someone when they are down?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElloDuck 

I gave you a long post all on advice of how to spot the scammers and how paypal works in identifying them and what we should do to protect ourselves.

Instead of saying thank you like most people do when I post that information so that they can spot the scam websites in the future you accuse me of victim shaming.

So i made it easy for you and told you just to not buy stuff from China as its mostly tat. 

So then I'm kicking someone when they are down. Can't win really can I?

So, you are welcome, hope the above information saves you being scammed in the future. We all learn the hard way myself included which is why I can now recognise them. 

And don't worry I have now added you to the list to never offer advice to in the future so bye and have a great day.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

protectwhoau
Contributor
Contributor

the point is that Pay Pal have the information about this company and choose not to give a warning in todays age there should be something  that can be added when making final purchase when looking at different companys how many times you go around in circles trying to find more information Ebay is the same there to protect the Seller not the buyer

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@protectwhoau 

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ElloDuck
Contributor
Contributor
Not actually helping. I mean great tips if you had them before the damage was done. I don't respect your response. It's too little too late.
Login to Me Too

katetotheums
New Community Member

I'm going through the runaround with this company as well.  I was supposed to receive a discount and I signed into paypal for payment and clicked "review order" to go back and confirm my discount was applied.  The site automatically submitted my order and even though I emailed them immediately to cancel (there is no phone number) they didn't reply for over a day and said it was too late to cancel.  It took over a month to receive the items and after being denied by paypal for several disputes about their fraudulent activity, I tried contacting them to return the items and have had NO response.  The package isn't even opened.  I do not want the items after their bad practices.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.