i was scammed and paypal dont want to help

Megzzzz1981
Contributor
Contributor

i was scammed by an IQ test website called Brainety.

after i bought the test results, one month later they charged me for $79.8 for renewal of brain games that i never singed for.

i opened a case with PAY PAL providing all evidence that i never singed up for this, i even provided FACEBOOK search results showing that many people were scammed the same way from the same website.

to my surprise, PAY PAL closed the case by denying my refund, and i am even unable to contest that.

PLEASE HELP !!!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Nbdw1936
Contributor
Contributor

this is a job for a government department, to cancel the ABN so this company cannot operate in Australia, Scamwatch is zilch.  ACCC is zilch , but how do you go to? 

Login to Me Too

eFLASH
Contributor
Contributor

The weird thing is that most of us, if not all, for sure did not sign for the additional payment. I definitely made sure of that! I looked at the checkbox and did'nt tick it and yet... miraculously, I was charged in an automatic payment order. Talked to PayPal and they sided with the scammers! Like they showed them a "proof" I signed, are they serious? how exactly they can side with that? how exactly PayPal made sure this was me selecting the automatic renewal?! and let say even that, you pay forward, so if someone finds out at the same day of the renewal (after they take your money) you should be allowed to cancel it! there are laws and rules for that! My conclusion -> PayPal gives this behavior legitimation and should be charged in court by law same as the scammers (which probably won't be as they reside in eastern Europe) - UNBELIEVABLE 

Login to Me Too

Nbdw1936
Contributor
Contributor

I have reported to the ACCC as advised by the VicPolice.  so far nothing.  Why does not somebody cancel their ABN ?

Login to Me Too

Nbdw1936
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email today telling me I get refund from UEB Rebilita, who do I thank?

Login to Me Too

Evodriva
Contributor
Contributor

Same and I got a "free" stupid recipe book.

Login to Me Too

eFLASH
Contributor
Contributor
I also got a refund although it was a measly few bucks, not the total amount they charged me... not sure what is going on
Login to Me Too

Newtry24
New Community Member

The same happened to me. Please sign and share my petition so we can stop this company continuing in this manner.[Removed]

Login to Me Too

Kennyboere
Contributor
Contributor

The same happened to me. I need some advice on what to do next please.

Login to Me Too

Evodriva
Contributor
Contributor

You have to write really bad reviews about them, especially on Trustpilot and constantly bombard them with assertive, threatening complaint emails.

Login to Me Too

mebrun
Contributor
Contributor

It is astonding that Paypal are continuing to support Brainity. It is clear that their test and auto subscription is a Scam, and so many are complaining about the scamming oganisation. You would think Paypal have shares in this dishonest organisation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.