Where are my funds? Why did PayPal take my funds?

TyroneGalloway
Contributor
Contributor

I had $136 in my account when the account was limited (19-Jun-2023). Not yet 180 days but 2nd time limit is again on 15-aug-2023. main issue showing paypal transfer on 06-sep-2023. Currently my account balance is $0. Now my question is where did my fund go? 

Image link: [Removed]

[Removed]

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TyroneGalloway 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy if you have violated their acceptable use policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TyroneGalloway
Contributor
Contributor

All cases are in my favor, then there is no question of disputes. So what is the reason for cutting my funds?paypal chor 5.JPGase 1
Case 2
[Removed]
Two times LimitActivities
[Removed]
[Removed]
[Removed]

Login to Me Too

Ashwani3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @TyroneGalloway 

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

Looks like you need help with limitations. 
I understand your concern about the account being restricted. For more information on how limitation works, click here

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashwani.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashwani3 

I think they were more concerned on where the funds went rather than the reason for the limitation?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LastLurker
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations, you're a victim of PayPal's most ridiculous policy. They have given themselves the right to take money out of user accounts at any time, and since yours is limited that's really the only possibility.

I recommend filing complaints with both the BBB and the CFPB. This is unlikely to get you a refund, but you should at least get an explanation as to why they did this. You'll also be adding your voice to the legions of people who've been arbitrarily harmed by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.