Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

Vitocosenpai

It happened to me too, the first time I had $27 and he took it all, and I thought "oh, maybe it's due to something related to Riot", which is the only company I've bought something from with PayPal, but still I deactivated the automatic payments just in case because I didn't remember it at all, and then I got about $25 to paypal, and he took them back, there I saw that something was wrong, and I searched and found this forum, I also made a claim for what They refunded me and now I'm waiting. It is embarrassing that this happens, and that PayPal, from what I read, does not respond to any of them in a positive way, it is not as if we were making it up, I saw what games that company made, and I have never played or even opened similar to those games. So we really deserve a refund, otherwise I will change the platform of my payments.

Login to Me Too

Mecanix
I also just found an unauthorized $100 charge to my account from My.Games B.V when it says an auto payment was made and I don’t recognize this seller and have seen other suffer the same fate. Submitted a case to paypal
Login to Me Too

FluffyStuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 payment to My.Games B.V also. And it was made during the time I cannot go online, there is no notification about new device login. I was never use anything like Boosty (did try to login using the same email and see there is no subcription). After I report this to Paypal, they said "transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection". Is there anyway to prove that I did not made this purchase and get my money back?

Login to Me Too

jakesterdog123
Contributor
Contributor

*closed my issue*

Login to Me Too

Myhe
New Community Member

I received 2 emails this afternoon saying there were 2 successful auto payments made from my paypal account.

I never even heard of this My.com B.V. vendor and never used their services. I am waiting for a response from PayPal support and my support agent Audi.

Did this ever happen to anyone here?

Login to Me Too

Jonnybones
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Myhe 

I am sorry to know that you have fraud transaction on your account. I will be happy to help you with it.

Usually these will be pre-approved subscriptions which might have set into account earlier or any of your family member might have made this transaction who has access to your account. I suggest you check your subscription section once along with family members and if you still feel that it was not an authorized purchase then you can file a dispute and get a refund.  

I will help you with the steps such as how to report a case and get a refund. 
Please click on this link to view the steps  as how to report an Unauthorized transaction. 

Feel free to get back to us in case of any further queries. -Jones. 

Login to Me Too

petermcguire
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue, did not get email but had several payments made to Tomksoft S.A.
[Removed]

Total was $700.00 +

I have been communicating with paypal for about 20 days now, they want to keep my money, and I want it back. I dont know how this can happen and there is nothing to stop it happening again. I have had a part repayment made now but it is still not very good, I have removed my credit cards from Paypal, they are dangerous. We need to find alternatives for making payments.

Login to Me Too

Fslushies
EVERYONE, IVE FIGURED IT OUT!! So, occasionally I purchase things on the site Boosty. I've had issues with My.Games.Bv before but had no clue where they came from. After making another artist payment on Boosty today I noticed that the transaction was done through MY.GAMES.BV. The transaction was automatically made an automatic transaction. I believe this is at least one of the reasons this is happening. If you want to use Boosty, use it with caution, and check if it's an automatic payment after the matter (remove if so.)
Login to Me Too

QuietBrowser
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked the backlog of my Paypal activity and discovered an April 29th transfer of 100 US$ from my account to an account titled "My.Games B.V", with transaction ID 2KV25251326558609 and biller ID B-4XG90342N92738346. I do not recognize making this transaction or this company, and I believe this money was stolen from me. Please advise.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@QuietBrowser 

Check if you had a subscription set up and if so cancel it.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

If not and you think your account was hacked then click on the transaction in your paypal account and report it as unauthorised via resolve a problem bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.