Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @gpor2001. Just to give you an overview you may file a dispute for unauthorized charges but then you might be unaware that you've signed up for a subscription. 

To check or cancel your pre-approved billing agreements:

1. Go to Maengles_0-1586268558978.png

Settings.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Manage pre-approved payments.
  4. Select the merchant's name or email address.
  5. Click Cancel.
Login to Me Too

desirreebauman
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have an subscriptions for Paddle and was charged $79.99. How did they get my information?
Login to Me Too

KBKC
New Community Member

We were confused by a similar charge of $79.99 to paddle.com and figured out it was for PDF Expert which was a renewal.  You might want to think back to ordering some other kind of software that was just billed through paddle.com.

Login to Me Too

It happened the same to me! They charged me 39,95 € and didn’t know anything about this company. Clearly is a fraud and PAYPAL IS NOT HELPING! THey say it was an authorised payment and I never pay anything from this company... it’s so frustrating We have to take legal action! what did you do?
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024al
New Community Member
Exactly the same thing happened to for a $105.00 and I did not order anything
Login to Me Too

John1965bmw
Think good Or you bought something because it is correct. You only do not know paddle. I had the same issue. Afterwards it was correct i bought something only the name of that company was not on the paypal account,
Login to Me Too

It happened the same to me! And PayPal is not helping This company <Removed> is a fraud!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220917f
New Community Member

Filed a dispute for unauthorized charge from Paddle.com. Paypal denied it. Checked my automatic payments under settings, Paddle.com was not listed. This is just a big scam.

Login to Me Too

wayneruss
Contributor
Contributor

Paddle is a payment processor (Merchant of Record) of behalf of any software/service you might have subscribed to. Basically they handle payment on behalf of the software/service, there might be additional info on the Paddle receipt or you can visit paddle.net to hep check who / which company has charged you via paddle.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.