How to stop payments to stripey giraffe. Did not orthorise

JESSYbeans51
New Community Member
Did not orthorise payment to stripey giraffe. How do I stop it.
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JESSYbeans51 

Contact Stripey Giraffe support to report the unauthorized transaction requesting a refund.

Then check for and deactivate the merchant:

What is an automatic payment and how do I update it?

Scan your device for malware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

wildduck62
Contributor
Contributor

contact Pay pal and let them know about this as i have. also informed my bank and they are looking into this fraud site,

contact your police and file fraud reports and let scam-watcher know  .

pay pal at first rejected my report about Stripey Giraffe and i did not stop i got onto there help line and asked to talk with a person,

told him everything i done and told him i also put down Pay Pal for the fraud also as they knew for a while about all this.

today i rung up Pay Pal and talked to a lady and i told them i was not the only one who been having money taken out of there banks each week.

and for someone there to go to this site and read what people are saying about this , yes i am getting back some of my money ,

but i hold the bank can get back the rest , so contact Pay Pal and talk with them ,, we all need to straighten this stuff out and

stop scammers like this site . they can take that site off your payment part and stop paying for something you did not sign up to.

Login to Me Too

Julz75
New Community Member
How can I stop stripey giraffe taking out money I don't know what an who they are thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Julz75

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum, and congratulations on your first post! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have an unrecognized transaction to Stripey Giraffe. If you have a subscription/recurring payment for them, you can find the instructions to cancel it on our Help Center here: What is an automatic payment and how do I cancel or update one? I recommend reviewing your PayPal Activity and locating the first payment from the company. It usually has the most information from them and may lead you to find out what the charge is for. Most commonly, unrecognized subscriptions are related to a charge that someone didn't realize/forgot that would be recurring, or the company's name appears different from what was expected. If you find that all of the charges are unauthorized, meaning someone else logged into your account to initiate the payment, you can file an unauthorized dispute

I hope this information helps you locate who they are and stop future payments! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

wildduck62
Contributor
Contributor

first this is not the first time this company's been complained doing this , and i am not the first one who been ripped off by this company .

just filling in a questionnaire or looking at any site they might be on , then they make out you signed up to them when you have not .

they have been pulling this fraud for many years now and Pay Pal has been turning a blind eye to them and not doing anything to stop them

from all this scam  . I been told by pay pal it was my fault that i did sign up to that site even when i told them it was in the hands of police the fraud that pay pal and that company's been pulling off along with proof i did not sign up, like the fact my phone is locked to the company i got my phone from 

so whey would i pay another company more fees and they are not even in Australia , i am with Optus and been with them for more than 30 years .

still pay pal believed that the fraud was my fault , i was told by pay pal if i had any problems with it to file a complaint with ACCC which i done ,

because you knew it was a scam from day one and did not care as long as you got money from it  which makes pay pal part of the fraud . 

as in Money from a crime is a crime in itself and you breached your security licence . this has been going on not hearing back from pay pal for months at a time they say 30 days to answer yet you will find out sometimes it could take 60 days if they answered or not . i know it been months sense i rang your company and made sure they only took out what i signed up for . SB7 is a English phone company  which only works in England not Australia and i have never traveled outside Australia  never signed up to any overseas company , and i know this as i used to work in Security so i know what i signed up for and this was one i NEVER signed up to. i been cutting back on my bills after my car accident 2013 so why pay two company's for the same phone which is locked to one and this means it cant be used , i asked you to send me the agreement that i signed up to that site and got nothing back. 

the company told me they will not send it so that my lawyers can look into this mess Pay pal made and to ask pay pal for the proof which they will not show send , so that police here and my lawyers can check it over with . the only reason i got my money back from that company was that i files fraud with the Police in England and Australia along with scam watch here and the phone calls i made to pay pal trying to fix this that went no where .

i informed pay pal to read there own web site to see how many people has had money stolen by pay pal and that company and still they did nothing to protect the customers and siding with the scammers .  when your company gets a complaint against a company it up to you to check it out and make follow ups to find out if it a scam, after more than 3 people are telling you the same thing you should look at it more closer and stop all payments to that company till it been checked out , instead you done nothing to protect your customers which is shame on you . do you check if there has been any other complaints with this company or do you only check out the one complaint made each time ? red flags should have gone off before now about them. all my time equals to a lot of time i and others had to waste just trying to get you to listen to us , emails ,phone calls, having to go fill paperwork with my bank and get new bank cards which takes 14 days to get , filling out fraud with my bank , ACCC , police in both countries  lost count how many times i emailed you and made calls . the stress on my health which pay pal made worse ,  Pay pal should be paying people compensation for what you put us all through i think if your company paid out $500.000 dollars to each person they might start listening about scams / fraud out there 

Login to Me Too

Temp20231026A
I want to stop payments to stripey giraffe. 1 did not orthorise it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20231026A

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized payments made to Stripey Giraffe. It sounds like you may have an automatic payment set up for them; if that's the case, you can learn how to cancel subscriptions on our Help Center here. If you find that all of your previous transactions with this merchant were unauthorized, you can file an unauthorized dispute. However, if you know you made the initial purchase but didn't realize it was a subscription, you'd want to contact the merchant.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

wildduck62
Contributor
Contributor

isnt this strange how Pay pal knows this site is a scam yet doses nothing to protect there customers here .

this happened to me months ago now and pay pal has known this for years not just a new thing here ,

Pay pal will take there side each time and make out you told them to take this money .

i filed the complaint with police pay pal and my bank and reported this scam company along with pay pal.

ring pay pal and tell them to remove them off your bills and then tell them how they are still stuffing people around here .

looks like pay pal will only do things when they get fined for these breaches ,  

contact the ACCC and file it with them also and email that company telling them you made a complaint with the police in 

England on fraud this is how i got my money back and keep emailing them as pay pal will do nothing to help you .

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
The company has taken £89.85 from me in 15 separate £5.99 transactions. Apparently they were all ‘pre-approved’ transactions even though I haven’t approved or authorised anything from this company - I didn’t even know who or what they were before noticing I was scammed. PayPal don’t care I opened up a dispute and they closed it within 30 seconds (even though the person I spoke to on the phone said it would take between 4-24 hours - so deciding the outcome in 30 seconds meant they didn’t even give it a second thought). I have contacted the oxygen sucking no good company demanding a refund to no avail. I have contacted my bank but because it’s through PayPal they won’t do anything. So I’ve been advised by citizens advice to phone Action Fraud and also report it to 111. WHEN I get my money back I’m closing my PayPal account, it’s a terrible company and it’s about time PayPal shut down.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.