Uber BV Payments What are they?!

beansvicki
New Community Member

I've had a payment taken today for Uber BV. I've never used Uber so i have No idea what this is for. I raised a dispute but its been closed straight away stating it's not an unauthorised transaction. When i looked further it appears this is the 4th payment!! Doea anyone have any idea what Uber BV, what I'm paying for and who i need to speak to? TIA

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Obsessivefan and everyone! 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've found some unrecognized activity on your PayPal account. I can understand how concerning this kind of situation must be. If the activity is unauthorized, I would first recommend opening an Unauthorized Dispute on the transaction. Then you'll want to check your Preapproved payments page to make sure there aren't any unknown subscriptions or billing agreements setup on your PayPal account.

Good luck with this and future transactions through PayPal. I hope our support teams are able to assist further,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

dayo92
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this issue as well. Uber bv has taken 4 payments of me totalling £51. 

Has this been refunded to you ?

Login to Me Too

Karan16
New Community Member
Same I’ve had this issue as well, and contacted Uber but they didn’t help at all, they just said checking if anyone had used ur PayPal account for Uber, and I know now one did. Also the charges have not been refunded at all
Login to Me Too

Kazzais46
Contributor
Contributor
I've just had £8.88 taken by this method. No idea what it is
Login to Me Too

ReissDee
New Community Member
I’ve just had £20.35 taken out of my account and haven’t used Uber at all so has anyone got any response yet?
Login to Me Too

Geolim2
Contributor
Contributor
I have had 3 transaction from. Uber Payments BV totaling about £53 thiss month, always when I have money deposited in the acount. But a further 6 transactions by uber BV April, September, August 2019 roughly £40
Login to Me Too

Kate-Ng
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had this problem, two transactions to Uber BV (have not taken an Uber in months, and also the official Uber account is not titled 'Uber Payments BV' and they've taken a total of £38. Raised ticket, PayPal said it was not unauthorised but clearly this is a problem!

Login to Me Too

Geolim2
Contributor
Contributor
So you will need to raise issue and escalate it. Search on your paypal uber as I found out last yyear uber BV also took out money without my permission.. Now uber bvv payments... And I have never used them. Escalate the raised issue in a few days. And proceed from. There I haave done so. But caution once it has been closed paypal won't reopen it. I lost out on 16£ that way
Login to Me Too

LizFalzone
New Community Member
This has happened to me . Did you find our what it was for ?
Login to Me Too

ellienortonn
Contributor
Contributor
It’s Uber eats, I just panicked then re traced my steps and realised it’s from when I had a KFC
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.