Steam card

Mzbreeze
New Community Member

Somebody sent me an email saying they sent $1000 but i have to purchase a $50 steam wallet card for verification purposes how true is this?

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Cocochelle86
Hey I have a guy doing the same did he ask to speak with you on WhatsApp
Login to Me Too

Hope685
I’m so dumb I fell for it 😤
Login to Me Too

pearlsandjourne
Contributor
Contributor
Had a similar experience today when we put an item up for sale -This what was involved. “Hello, I was just about to make the payment when I received an email from the pickup agent. The pickup agent requested the pickup fee of $200 before they scheduled a pick date and time. They only accept Steam wallet cards for safe cash conversion as their mode of payment but unfortunately, I am unable to get to any store at the moment to purchase the Steam wallet card due to my present location on the sea. I will include the $200 to the money I am sending to you right away so you can help me with the Steam wallet card. You can buy the Steam wallet card at stores helping around you like JB HI-FI, KMART, BIG W, 7 ELEVEN, and TARGET.I'm a little incapacitated but I'll appreciate your help here. I will email you shortly once I am done making the payment.” and this, Hello, I have completed the payment and I expect PayPal to have emailed you by now. Check email and If you have not yet received the confirmation from PayPal in your inbox kindly check your Junk folder you will definitely find it there because I have just received the debit alert notification in my Junk folder so I think that might occur to you as well. I paid $520 in total. I added an extra $20 to the money I sent to cover any charges that might occur. So, you can now go to the store to purchase the $200 Steam wallet card so that they can be able to schedule a suitable pickup date and time. Like I stated earlier you can buy the Steam wallet card at stores around you like WOOLWORTHS, COLES, JB HI-FI, KMART, BIG W, 7 ELEVEN, and TARGET. You can buy the Steam wallet card now in a $50 or $100 denomination to complete $200.Please also remember to scratch the Steam wallet cards and email the photo to me after you purchase it. Great doing business with you. Reciprocation of trust is very vital in every deal.Regards,Matt.” Alarm bells went off - I got an email from “PayPal” with the following requests, This payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED" but will not be credited into your bank account until the steam wallet card is sent to us for verification which is due to important random security measures that we do carry out on payments to ensure safety. As mentioned in the receipt of the steam wallet card Payment and as per our new PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which includes the Transport/Delivery Charges. In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advise you to purchase the steam wallet card at any supermarket or store ask them that you want to buy steam wallet cards there is a silver panel at the back of the card just scratch the silver panel and snap the cards one by one that is what you need to email us for verification once it's verified the whole transaction will be completed, Your account will be credited with the total sum of $520.00 AUD as soon as the above information has been received and verified by us” what a time wasting experience.
Login to Me Too

LussaMEER
Haha omg I just had the same thing happening to me . But he is called Moore and wants to send me 5000 dollar if I purchase a steam card for 200 bucks. After I told him, that I'm broke af he said 100 would be enough as well. It was an interesting chat not quite sure if he thinks I'm completely dump or something similar and don't know how to use Google
Login to Me Too

izzydawizzy
Contributor
Contributor

Same scammer in my case. The email address name is [Removed] Etc. , but if you look at the actual email address its not the same (unlike the real PayPal), but rather: [Removed] (without the spaces) I was speaking to a 'Joshua [Removed]'.

Login to Me Too

huojuvainen
Contributor
Contributor
Just got a "sugardaddy" called Tom trying to scam me, first with bitcoins and then with steam card. Was supposed to send me 4000 but I had to pay like 200 hundred for "fees". Didn't fall for it and he got mad at me when I showed him screenshots of this conversation. He was trying to lovebomb me first and tried to show his own screenshots and obviously acted video as a proof.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@Mzbreeze,

This sounds like a phishing email. I would block the email and ignore it. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Dünja
New Community Member

Me too. His name is Brandon [removed] from the USA. He got in contact via WhatsApp and not on ebay Kleinanzeigen

Login to Me Too

MacieLW
So a “sugar daddy” sent me $5000 and asked for bitcoin as he shown me screen shots of fees and pending. I said I can’t afford £150 he said how much u got I said £30 he said go to your nearest shop and get a steam card (for gaming). He sent me videos and chats with his other “sugar babies” . [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]This is his number. Don’t fall for **bleep**. Want a real sugar daddy maybe sign up to a more secure sugar daddy site.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.