Steam card

Mzbreeze
New Community Member

Somebody sent me an email saying they sent $1000 but i have to purchase a $50 steam wallet card for verification purposes how true is this?

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Marianne93
Sounds like the same person talking to me. I knew it was a scam but I am always intrigued to see how they go about it.
Login to Me Too

Jjenna93
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue i don't no of it is true?
Login to Me Too

Billybob31
I did get an email from PayPal about it and a notification in my PayPal account. Should I trust it or still assume it’s a scam?
Login to Me Too

MreganK
New Community Member
I lost all of my money to him. I won’t get paid until next month. I am so stupid.
Login to Me Too

I am so sorry this happend to you
Login to Me Too

CharliHR
How did you lose your money 😞 did you send some?
Login to Me Too

MialajeanxO
I got 2000 sent to me they "say" and said i need a steam card is this true or not
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MialajeanxO

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm glad you reached out about this kind of activity. The short answer is no, you do not need to send a steam card to someone to receive money through PayPal. This sounds like one of the scams outlined in this Help Center article: What are common scams and how do I spot them?

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525HC
New Community Member
So is it a scam? Do I really need the stream gift card or any card for that matter for me to receive money off PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Iblakep
Contributor
Contributor
No. Please don’t buy a steam card. It’s a scam. They will try and show you screenshots and whatever else they can think of to make you believe it but i promise you, that you will get scammed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.