Someone sent me money on mistake, now its my problem?

ChrisC1204
New Community Member

So I haven't used this acct in years but kept seeing strange mails so I decided to log in to see what's going on...

Turns out someone sent money to my acct erroneously and from me not answering back the dispute was done, and money was returned however for some reason I have a negative balance in my acct and I cant understand why.  Could the fact that this person requested the money back mean that I was hit somehow on a sending fee charge and if so how is that my problem? Seems like fraud to me.  Do I need to tell the person who sent the money incorrectly that he is to cover this fee?  The person is looking for his full amount back but with Fees that means I need to dig into my own pocket which is insane. 

Any one else experience this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisC1204 

Yeah, PayPal no longer refunds their fees which caused the negative balance. You can ask PayPal customer services about waiving it. No guarantees though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ChrisC1204
New Community Member

I see, that makes no sense. So then not only would i owe the fee but i would owe the difference in money? 

For example. My acct had no money, guy sent 3K , asked for it back and my acct sent it. However with fees it wasn't the full 3k so hes asking for more money.

Are you telling me not only am i supposedly on the hook for the Fee to send it back but now i owe him more money? How can this be my problem im confused?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.