Seller refuses to respond to warranty inquiry

jamiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Just last week I went to buy a modded game console from a seller on eBay.

When I contacted him through eBay messages, he offered to sell it more cheaply through his own website.

The cost was ~$1000.

I agreed and payed through PayPal.

There were some other side issues that are not relevant but when the console arrived I emailed the seller asking about a possible warranty.

The seller has not responded and it has been about a week now. He would have got the message so I can only assume the answer is no.

I don't want to spend this much on a console that comes with no warranty. The only thing I find that I did wrong was not ask beforehand. I should have asked the guy "Does it come with any warranty?"

Since I paid through PayPal can they help? As I said, I don't want it if it doesn't come with a fair warranty.
If PayPal can't help with this, what if something does happen to the console within 6  months?
Will PayPal help me in this situation?

Thanks for any responses

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamiz 

Warranties are between you and the seller.

Paypal does not get involved in guarantees or warranties.

Paypal covers you for 'item not received' OR 'item received but not as described' and neither applies here unfortunately.

if it goes wrong within 6 months you may be out of luck of a refund UNLESS you funded your paypal payment via a credit card in which case you could ask your card issuer if they will chargeback for you (no guarantees that they will though).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamiz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thanks for the advice, I guess this time I'm out of luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.