Security code received without taking any action

giyoshi
New Community Member

In the beginning, I got a 6 digit security code from PayPal and it said don't share the code. (I didn't request to change a password or anything)

After a few minutes, I got a phone call from PayPal saying something like "Did you request to change your password? Press 1 if on and 2 if yes." I pressed 1 and they ask me to input the 6 digit security code. I hang up due to the fact that I think this might be a phishing phone call. They called the number that I used it a few years ago whereas the number in Paypal has already been updated.

It was sooooo annoying because they keep making this phone call and trying to get the six digit security code and I kept hanging up. I hang up for about 13 times if my calculation was right. This is soooooooo annoying.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @giyoshi,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about receiving suspicious phone call. Please forward the suspicious phone number and message to us to investigate further. Please take a screenshot of the message as well as your phone log showing the number from which you received the call and forward it to phishing@paypal.com including the details about the caller asked from you. You can also view this webpage for more information about fraud instances. 

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.