Reject Payments/Purchases

alpha232
New Community Member

I am not a business, I do not sell services or products, how can I disable those types of payments, or at least force payments to be pended and manually accepted or rejected? 

I travel to various events and typically I pay for a hotel room and split the charges without any mark-up with the various roommates. On occasion one of them is dumb or just oblivious and selects the wrong option. It's horrific trying to get the transaction voided without costing anyone fees through PayPal, but yet I don't seem to have a way to prevent these transactions or even refusing the transaction, what's worse is that someone thought they could dispute the transaction to "fix" it, causing even more trouble. 

Ultimately, why am I forced to accept unauthorized/approved payments and then be at risk of disputes for an erroneous payment. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alpha232 

Well its up to your friends to use the correct option of friends/family when they send you funds to settle up with you.

However to save it happening again why not send them a paypal.me link. If its from a personal account and they do not tick the option to make it a goods/services payment then you would receive it as friends/family.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.