Received invoice from one seller which I didn't make any purchase. Is it a scam?

MichaelCHK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. I received a notification from PayPal that someone sent me an invoice to make a payment of USD 500 for purchasing a anti virus software which I didn't make. Could I just leave it like that with out paying or how do I cancel or report this?

Login to Me Too
815 REPLIES 815

TWWW
Contributor
Contributor
I just received a fake invoice for $499.99 from “someone” near my area for purchase bitcoins. Never have and never will. I’m concerned if I don’t report this as fake, they may pursue it. I tried to report it but PayPal rejects it and refers me to their agreement. This person needs to be shut down. Will it reflect poorly on my business if I do not follow up?
Login to Me Too

SianWood
Contributor
Contributor
I rejected my invoice. It amazes me that Amazon doesn’t encourage the reporting of these and stamp it out. Some people will pay without thinking.
Login to Me Too

TWWW
Contributor
Contributor
How do you reject an invoice? Thank you for your quick reply!!
Login to Me Too

klsrn
New Community Member

Go into your paypal account under activity and you can cancel the invoice -- then reset your password

Login to Me Too

klsrn
New Community Member

I received  three fake invoices for 499.99 as well - I cancelled all three and am trying to set up 2FA to add additional security 

Login to Me Too

MozarHuang
Contributor
Contributor

Received a fake $499 invoice saying bitcoin purchase today as well. 

However I can't find any place to cancel the invoice.

Can anyone teach me how to cancel it? Or should i just block the requesting email address? 

I also check that the resolution does not allow me to dispute nor report an issue of "pending transaction". It there anyway i can report this user?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MozarHuang 

If you can't cancel it then just ignore it, someone chancing their luck, common scam, as long as you don't pay it your fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jjols3

just got the exact same invoice for bitcoin.

Login to Me Too

shah312

Paypal just throws a stroppy whenever I try to cancel the fake invoice from Katelyn [removed]

Login to Me Too

andrianiloizido
New Community Member

I received an email about an unathorized payment. I did cancel it and block that person. Has it happened to anybodyelse. Is it really cancelled?

#unathorizedpayments

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.