PayPal Loss Recovery

NJK_CA
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Good Hearted People,

My account was limited last January 28 and I was supposed to get the available balance after 180days. But while I have checked on June 23 whether I could withdraw the money or not I found PayPal has deducted my entire amount as "PayPal Loss Recovery". I was shocked and despite sending multiple messages I couldn't be able to get to any solution. 

regards, 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Omochai
PayPal is trying to scam and they have to be sued, I’m neither a seller or have a business account and they end up deducting my hard earned money few weeks for 180days to be completed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Omochai 

You don't have to be a seller or have a business account to break either paypals user agreement or acceptable use policy.

If you have been banned as per the user agreement (you agreed to when you opened your account) you can have your funds held for 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220803g
Contributor
Contributor

Same EXACT thing happened to me as well.

I had $1200 that I withdrew and after few days, Paypal reversed the amount on Jan 18, 2022. They restricted my account that same day.

Then they told me to wait 180. Now that it's 180 days and after talking to their rep, no one is willing to answer anythying.

It seems once you get above $1000, paypal seems to make up some bs claim that you violated something and takes the money for themselves. 
This is ransom on a whole another level. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220803g 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.....if so then you won't get your funds unfortunately.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

johnbabodor

@kernowlass 

i know who you are, just tell your guys to stop stealing from people because they click I AGREE

I AM SICK OF PAYPAL, I HAD 500$ DEDUCTED FOR WHAT? FOR A SERVICE ALREADY RENDERED

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnbabodor 

'My guys' 😂

You certainly do NOT know who I am as I work as a nurse and not for Paypal.

Try reading, this is a 'user to user' community forum not paypal customer services.

I post the FACTS of how Paypal works and what they do. I have never said I agree with anything, I just post advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KigoCath
Contributor
Contributor
Were you able to get you funds back?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.