OUYI GROUP LIMITED-SCAMMER

Jmschwindt
Contributor
Contributor

UP I ordered this "battery powered chain saw", from OUYI GROUP LIMITED, after not receiving it and several requests for the item, we were sent a "tracking number", Tracking number was a fake number! We finally received this little chain-wire type thing in an envelope! We contacted seller........they said it was what we ordered! An "accessory" to their battery powered cordless chain saw! Now WHY would I order an "accessory" to something I don't own?? I ORDERED THE BATTERY POWERED CHAIN SAW THEY HAD ADVERTISED!! I opened a dispute with PAYPAL, They offered our "shipping fee"  be refunded to us! I rejected that, so then OUYI GROUP LIMITED offered a FULL refund "IF" I returned their item BACK TO AN ADDRESS IN CHINA???? the item had been shipped out of Los Angeles Calif originally!! WHY should I pay shipping back to CHINA????? This is a BAIT & SWITCH CON-COMPANY!!! DO NOT buy anything from them!!!! And paypal sides with the scammer!!! I will be closing my account with paypal as soon as I get done with this mess! Its not the money anymore! It's the principal of it!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmschwindt 

No paypal are doing exactly what they say they will be doing in their user agreement / buyer protection policy.

Sadly you chose your seller not Paypal, all they do is give you some buyer protection but its up to you and all of us to risk assess our own transactions. 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
68 REPLIES 68
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmschwindt 

No paypal are doing exactly what they say they will be doing in their user agreement / buyer protection policy.

Sadly you chose your seller not Paypal, all they do is give you some buyer protection but its up to you and all of us to risk assess our own transactions. 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jmschwindt
Contributor
Contributor

Seller was paid thru my paypal account.....I happen to have money in that account. It didn't come out of my BANK checking account. Otherwise I would have been able to enter a dispute on that seller payment! And I would have had a better chance of getting my money back. Just saying........paypal is not your personal checking account!!! They WILL NOT BACK US AS BUYERS!! THEY ARE FOR THE SELLERS!! Even tho they are foreign sellers!!! CHINA no less!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mattr21
Contributor
Contributor
Actually I had a very similar issue with the same company and they wanted me to ship the item back to China even though the return address was a PO Box in Reading. It is my opinion that this company are deliberately misleading people and then insisting on financially on viable resolutions. However as I was on hold to PayPal for some time and being told that they need to follow their policies and procedures I had time whilst on hold to scam the user agreements. As a result of this I noticed that the seller protection is wordy pretty much like the buyer protection. Therefore indicating that the seller may not get the item returned especially if they breach the teas and sees of the user agreement and seller protection Your sale is not eligible for coverage under PayPal Seller Protection if: The buyer claims (either with us or their card issuer) that the item you sent isn't what was ordered (referred to as a “Significantly Not as Described” claim). As this was a significantly not as described claim and albeit it took me over one hour and 30 minutes to resolve, I was able to demonstrate and invoke my rights That the seller had breached the terms and conditions under the sellers protection. Once I got through to a lovely lady who applied commonsense my issue was resolved I received a full refund and I don’t have to send back the product. If the company once the return of the product they can as these are useless to myself however they will need to pay for shipping. I hope this helps
Login to Me Too

Herbpeddler
Contributor
Contributor

Who did you call to have your issue resolved for a "significantly not as described item"?  I need to talk to THOSE people.  Especially since I called Paypal AND Synchrony bank the moment after I hit send and a bunch of Chinese writing came back on my receipt.  I KNEW it was a scam immediately, but I was told that the process had to play out. I had to give them a chance to send the item and THEN dispute it. I've been disputing it ever since over and over and over, because neither Paypal nor Synchrony bank will give me credit unless I return whatever is in the tiny little envelope I received so they could get a 'proof of shipment' instead of sending me the 6' planter boxes I purchased.  Other people I know who ordered the same item and got the same result ALL had their charges reversed without having to send back the 'token' hey were mailed.  But not Paypal and Synchrony Bank.   WHY???  They should be protecting us, especially when we try to help them by telling them immediately when a blatant scam is going on that they are a part of.  They don't seem to care about their customers!!! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Herbpeddler 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Herbpeddler
Contributor
Contributor

I chose the seller BASED on the fact Paypal was a form of payment.  I always thought if Paypal is a form of payment, that means they've done some vetting of the seller. Obviously not.  Nothing about the ad was suspicious for fraud.  It was for 6' plantar boxes from Maine made in the USA.  The second I pushed buy with Paypal and got my receipt that was written in all Chinese, I IMMEDIATELY CALLED PAYPAL and told them it was a scam and to reverse my chare, and they refused.  They said I had to wait to see if I got my product.  WHY?!??!  That's what led to my ongoing nightmare.  I assume it's because Paypal gets a kick back from both the buyer and the seller in some way.  

Login to Me Too

Herbpeddler
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a dispute process with Paypal Credit.  Again, a Paypal-associate who has done nothing to help me because the scammer provided proof of shipment.  They say I have to mail it back to China.  Paypal gets their kickbacks.  Synchrony gets their interest payments.  And I get scammed and no one cares.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Herbpeddler 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Even credit cards have terms and conditions and often deny SNAD claims from a China website or Social Media ad.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Herbpeddler
Contributor
Contributor

I am disabled and pretty much shop online exclusively. I am WELL AWARE of how to look for scams before purchasing.  Don't patronize me.  This ad was extremely convincing.  It only became apparent once the the receipt came back in Chinese.  Bottomline.... Paypal should have my back, especially since I called them IMMEDIATELY.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.