Not sure my payment for a purchase ended up in the right place and it's not showing up in my account

hazelkitten
Contributor
Contributor
I was placing an order online and it opened a PayPal invoice which I paid and I thought I was logged into my PayPal account but am not sure bc the order/payment isn't appearing in my PayPal account (even tho I'm pretty sure it did at first but has since vanished), nor is it in my order history for site I was placing an order with but I have the 'invoice' and 'invoice paid' emails and the money was debited from my bank account. Where do I turn for help with this? Since it isn't appearing in either the merchant or PayPal sites do I need to go through my bank?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hazelkitten 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services and your card issuer to query the transactions.

So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hazelkitten
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the direction, I wasn't sure what I needed to do or where to turn to to resolve this. I will try your suggestions and come back to let you know if the issue was resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.