Non-US Taxpayer verification with different name

DeforgeG
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings everyone,
I am a Non-US translator and opened a PayPal account a few years ago and have been receiving payments for my services without problems. Recently, I received a mail from PayPal asking me to verify my TaxPayer Status information. Given that I am not a resident of the US and not doing business particularly in the US, I clicked on the link and checked the "NO" for the question "are you a US-Resident", then I chose my current country of resident added my current address, but I need to provide a first name and a last name. I am using a PayPal account name that is different from my real name for business purposes. What name should I be entering in the verification form? Should I use my business name or my personal name?
My account is verified and I have never had a problem with Paypal payment. This is because, as a translator, I always finish the work and send the final documents and then get paid later.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @DeforgeG,

Thank you for the post. I understand your concern about the tax verification. The best way to resolve this issue and to know more information about it is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DeforgeG
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ayesha for your reply.
I guess that's the best way to get the best help possible.
I was hoping someone went through the same process and might share their experience.
Thank you again and have a great day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.