If I buy a digital ticket with PayPal Goods & Services, will I get money back if it's a scam?

evealiwin
New Community Member

Hi all, I am hoping to go to a sold out concert soon for a popular artist. There are multiple people selling tickets on Twitter but I am aware several of them will likely be scammers. 

I also know that the tickets will be digital/online tickets, rather than a physical ticket that could be sent via post, so there will be no tracking number, etc. 

If I purchase the tickets from someone via PayPal's Goods & Services option, will I be refunded if it turns out to be a scam? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @evealiwin,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I am happy to help you with your inquiry here. If there's any issue with the purchase, our purchase protection policy covers the payment and helps you to get refund if certain requirements are met. If you sent the payment as goods and services, you can report the issue towards the transaction in the resoluiton center of your PayPal account. 

To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection and to see a full list of eligibility requirements and exclusions, please review our User Agreement. You can find the User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.