I have an unathorized charge which i didn't authorize from AVANQUESTand paypal closed it

Photomann
Contributor
Contributor

I have a charge from this AVANQUEST which i didn't authorize and paypal decided to close now i don't know what to do i didn't authorize and what can i do as i haven't charged anything from paypal in a longtime please help 

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Photomann 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Carambol
Contributor
Contributor

I have got the same, how solve this?

Login to Me Too

Toshab786
Contributor
Contributor
If PayPal will not refund your money. File a claim with FDIC. All banking transactions are insured. They will contact PayPal and then they will pay you back. Banks HATE FDIC CLAIMS.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Toshab786 

Firstly no, you won't get funds back if a subscription was set up and secondly the second poster you replied under is in Belguim so would not be interested in a U.S organisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FJMG64
Contributor
Contributor

I also have been charged by Avanquest even though I never bought or subscribed to their product. The invoice just appeared on my Paypal account one day and it was paid without my authorisation. Apparently a recurring subscription had been set up which I know nothing about. I have since made it inactive and lodged a complaint. Hopefully Paypal will return the funds, I can barely afford to live as it is without having precious dollars stolen - especially when it means the difference between feeding myself with the kids of just feeding the kids and going without!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @FJMG64 and welcome, 

I am sorry to hear of the situation you are in. I am sure it is difficult for you. It is good that you have already filed a claim for this. Once reviewed and found to be unauthorised a refund can be issued. I would recommend to also contact Avanquest to let them know what has happened. They may be able to refund from their side which might be a little quicker for you. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

FJMG64
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Paula. It took less than an hour for Paypal to 'investigate' my claim, deem it as unsupported and close the file. Obviously no investigation was completed and it appears to be laziness or something affecting whomever was supposed to be checking into it. The company has a history of taking peoples money without authorisation. It is a scam! Not that Paypal cares. Well, I have now removed all linked bank accounts and credit card details from my Paypal account so it can't happen again. Actually, there are so many other payment services out there, I don't need Paypal any longer so I will just delete them from further use.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @FJMG64

Thank you for the update. I do wish you received better news. When an account is reviewed, we will look to see if there has been any unauthorized activity. It can be hard to detect if there has been a subscription set up as most of the access would be done on the merchant side. I would recommend to reach out to the merchant directly to get them to refund. I would also advise to appeal the decision that has been made and request that it is reviewed again. Human error can happen and there is no harm in asking for it to be reviewed again. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Bwatts
Contributor
Contributor
My dispute of the 1st charge was almost immediately "Closed" by Paypal, stating that I should basically just work it out with the seller. I Have contacted the seller and have received No Response. Reading about refunds on the Avanquest website, it states that they "Do Not refund transactions paid via PayPal ". Maybe Paypal should research online, the LONG LIST of reviews & complaints regarding Unauthorized Charges, additional charges to those whom have purchased this product, how there products are not obtainable after purchase, and so-on before immediately closing a case that has OBVIOUSLY NOT BEEN INVESTIGATED!! (Please Explain why every dispute through Paypal's Resolution Center usually takes Days, if not weeks.... But THIS, on an Early Sunday Morning, can immediately be investigated & closed? Especially when Every entity of Paypal - *Customer support, Billing support, and ***Resolution Center Agents*** - that I have attempted to contact are "out of the office and I should try them during regular business hours"?? Maybe it's just my opinion, but it seems Disturbingly Difficult for something to be Investigated & Reviewed when No One is there to do it). Thank you Paula, I look forward to your reply
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.