How to withdraw money from a permanently limited account.

Mary97k
Contributor
Contributor

My name is Mary, my account was permanently limited six months ago and it had money, today on 19th July 2022,I received an email that I can now withdraw funds but my account will remain limited, I tried withdrawing my funds but it wasn't possible, kindly help me withdraw my funds.

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

How to withdraw funds to link bank account
Login to Me Too

Kenadee
Contributor
Contributor
Link a bank acc of yours to your PayPal acc and your monet will be withdrawn into it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kenadee 

Firstly you are answering a post over a year old.

Secondly that poster you are replying to is in Kenya and the option to add or withdraw to a local bank account is not available in their country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rebecca_020-
Contributor
Contributor
Am in Kenya and I can't withdraw money from PayPal after 180 days are over kindly I need assistance
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rebecca_020- 

Did you read my post a few up from yours?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RESTOREIU
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, my PayPal account has been blocked permanently. I was told that I can withdraw the money after 180 days. 180 days have passed, but when I try to withdraw I get an error. What should I do? Who can help me?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RESTOREIU 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zeeshansultan
Contributor
Contributor

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IF YOU ARE DONE WITH THIS ISSUE SO KINDLY GUIDE ME IF YOU CAN

Login to Me Too

badongo48
Contributor
Contributor

My account was also limited in February this year, it has been more than 250 day but i still cannot withdraw my funds, please help me withdraw the funds from my account.I do not necessarily want the limitation lifted.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@badongo48 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

HOWEVER..........

In Kenya the normal withdrawal options available to you of MPESA or Equity Bank are not available after a permanent limitation. The only option still available when Paypal tell you that you can withdraw your funds is via a U.S bank account if you have one.
If you don't then you would need to contact customer services to help you access the funds from your permanently limited account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.