How do you cancel Ship Station on PayPal. I received and automatic charge I did n sign up for.

lmastroga
Contributor
Contributor

How do you cancel ShipStation on PayPal. I received an automatic $34.51 charge I did not sign up for to ship via paypal now. Very tricky and underhanded the way they snuck that fee in on PayPal users on what used to be a free service ... so we can no long accept PayPal payments on eBay and now we have to pay another 3rd party to ship postal when it is free on USPS.com ... so why do I need PayPal now again ???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

SL113
Contributor
Contributor
The move by PayPal from their own shipping platform to ShipStation solved a problem that simply didn’t exist. What it did do is now add two additional layers and lots of finger pointing in customer service. Have a problem? PayPal blames ShipStation, and you cannot call them—only email. Have an APV problem? ShipStation blames the USPS and you can’t call them either. You are lost in customer service he**. I ship BOOKS and LOTS of them, over 500 shipments last year. No issues with PayPal. On the second shipment this year, now with ShipStation , I received an upcharge of $14.75 on a normal $4.45 3# Media Mail book rate shipment. Not only was this wrong, but had this been Priority Mail, the total postage would have been less than the upcharge alone. They blame “automated postal valuation” and trying to sort through it now. Last year for some international shipping I tried a separate ShipStation account, but their customer service is absolutely useless, and we cancelled the account quickly. This move by PayPal to ShipStation did nothing to help their customers but a lot to mess things up and anger them—us included. We moved well over $ix figures through PayPal last year, and shipped over 1,000 books. 500 domestic shipments. NOT HAPPY with this totally misguided move.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmastroga 

No idea why you need paypal, so do you want the link to close your paypal account?

As for your other issue then.......

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.'' 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lmastroga
Contributor
Contributor

Well I never signed up for Ship Station automatic payments but there it was, just like you said. One would think that PayPal would give their customers the courtesy heads up up that ... Hey you are now going to be charged for shipping on PayPal that has been a free service for years.  But no such luck. 

I would have likely continued if they would have been up front about the fee instead of burying it in legalese down inside of a user agreement. I certainly never agreed to an automatic payment. I'm sure it was all legal trickery buried in that user agreement with Ship Station. I'm betting I'm not the only one NOT IMPRESSED with the secret fee tactics at all.

I was a daily shipping customer. Unfortunately I have little reason to use PayPal now.

Regardless, I really do appreciate very much you responding and answering my question. It was a big help.

Thank You !

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lmastroga 

Sadly these companies a lot of times when you accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SHIPSTNfraud
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged $17 something and never signed up. So underhanded. I wonder how many others have been stung. I'm awaiting PPs reply but there are endless complaints when I google it that are unresolved. 

Login to Me Too

HeronHugs
Contributor
Contributor

I also was just charged $18 to Ship Station through paypal....and paypal denies my claim and denies my appeal and ShipStation has no record at all of this charge on my ShipStation account.  No activity for the day or dollar yet no one will refund me.  Small claims court?  Sounds like a lot of people are having this illegal activity and neither Paypal or ShipStation will own up to it.  So I am being charged for something and neither ShipStation nor Paypal know what the charge is for at all...there is no description or anything at all. ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

Login to Me Too

cherubino3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying Shippo since I maybe order about 10 labels a month - if that.

Shippo charges $0.05 per label with no subscription fee and that suits me fine.

Ebay is already linked to discount shipping.

Amazon also.

Boycott ShipStation!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lmastroga, @kernowlass, and @cherubino3,

Thank you all for your posts! I can see there is a little confusion and I want to clarify.

ShipStation is PayPal's new shipping platform. ShipStation is free to use, and the only costs are the cost of the labels themselves. If there is a charge that is unrecognized, it is potentially an overage charge if the weight of the package was miscalculated and the shipping provider charged more than was estimated when the label was created.

Some confusion may also stem from the fact that ShipStation's standalone site offers subscriptions for non-PayPal customers, but when using ShipStation by logging in through your PayPal account and printing a label through that portal, it is free to use. 

You can learn more about ShipStation in this Help Center FAQ.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lmastroga
Contributor
Contributor

I did have a charge of about $35 ... PayPal cancelled the shipstation service and reversed the charge. I thought it was a charge for service after an initial period. 

If shipstation is in fact free to use on PayPal paying for postage only. OK ... how would I get It back because I like the service ... I just questioned the charge which PayPal reversed and cut off the Shipstation service. Can I get it back ?

Login to Me Too

cherubino3
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure it's free? No monthly fees?

I was told that there are monthly charges.

Also, I was charged a fee for underpayment of postage, but that package weight was verified by the postal service when I dropped it off. Suddenly it was 2x the weight. If I was off by even a little bit, it would have been ok because the price was the same for 7.6 - 8 oz. But it was suddenly 1.04 lbs! WTH???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.