How do I contact a high level policy person about a dispute process.

booster70
Contributor
Contributor

I think I need to contact a higher level policy or department supervisor for the dispute process I just went through.  The vendor obviously had dealt with this before and quite easily scammed the Paypal process with delay a deception plus confusion.

Long story short, I placed a single $267 order for some GM automotive parts from a vendor (not ebay).  They then came back for a price increase, which was grudgingly approved.  Ordered shipped late, then a partial, then very late with the rest which also included one $17 part being incorrect.  I contacted the vendor who danced and delayed with multiple requests for the same information, which had been sent, for weeks. After weeks of delay, I had to replace the bad part at my cost so I could get the vehicle back on the road, and I notified the vendor of this and told them that a refund was needed for the $17 not a replacement. It was at this point it was noticed that the vendor had split my single order into two orders.  They turned in and were paid in three separate Paypal transactions, one for each order number and one for the price increase that did not reference either order number.   I finally filed a dispute for the $17 with Paypal.  The vendor again danced and delayed trying to run out the dispute time and at the last minute offered a full refund of the order number that included the wrongly shipped part for $216.  First off, this amount didn't cover the entire cost of that part of my order as it didn't include the separately billed price increase and second the vendor new very well that this was impossible because the rest of the parts had been installed by then.  For some reason, Paypal increased the dispute amount to the $216 and and gave me two options,  cancel the dispute or except that offer, which would put me out the near $50 of the price increase and didn't include shipping back.  Plus it was impossible as the parts were used.  Several chats with Paypal were hours of delay with answers read from the script.  Send the parts back and don't worry about shipping until later and no answer on the extra charge or why they changed it to $216.  Same with email contact.  I did not call on the phone because as the phrase goes "if it isn't written down it didn't happen" seems to apply to many phone conversations these days.  I would have to say the Paypal dispute system is easily scammed by crooked vendors as it worked in this case.  The customer service response was, in essence a total useless waste of time and effort.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.