Got email, that my 2FA was disabled, but in fact it was not. The E-Mail is real.

richards111
New Community Member

The title says it. I logged in, and Paypal asked me for a Auth code (I use Google Authenticator).

When I went to the Security section, it said that I did not link a 2FA. But I was still required to provide a code to login. After like 10 minutes, it appeared again in the Security page. Then after a few minutes, I checked again, and it again disappeared. But I am always required to provide a code and login works. Now Google Auth shows up again at Paypal.

I've checked the headers of the E-Mail. The mail is real.

Has somebody experienced something similar, too?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20231017za
New Community Member
I just had the exact same email and checked that my 2FA was in fact not disabled. Waiting on PayPal’s response here?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @richards111 and @Temp20231017za

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community to post your concerns! 

I understand you've both received emails stating your 2-Factor Authentication was disabled, but after logging in, you found it was still enabled. I recommend reviewing this Help Center article to ensure that the email was not a phishing email. If it was, please reset your password and security questions right away. If it was indeed a PayPal email, I recommend contacting Customer Support through one of these contact options to alert them of the incorrectly sent email. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.