Full refund even thought I asked partial refund

UserMango
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, on April 10th I ordered 3 items from a shop in France with an estimated delivery of 2/5 days, not guaranteed. After 2 weeks, on April 24th, only 1 item arrived. I contacted the shop again the same day and they confirmed that the other 2 items were still in the shop and that they would be sent the following day. And they did. The tracking of the second parcel has not updated since April 29th and on May 9th I contacted them again about it. They told me that they would have investigate the problem, I haven't heard from them since. on the 15th I contacted them again to obtain a partial refund, to which I did not receive an answer.
On the 16th, through the chatbox, I opened a dispute such as "I have not received the item or the service" and with the caption "Late order and missing products". I entered all the informations. On the 18th, after a month of waiting and without ever getting a response from the shop, I raised the dispute to a claim.
The shop never responded to either the dispute or the claim and on May 28 I won a full refund despite having received only 1 item and explicitly requesting a refund for the 2 missing items. I doubt that paypal has NOT read/looked at my "proofs".
For fairness, if the missing package arrives, I avoid accepting it to return it to the seller. Besides that how should I behave?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UserMango 

You get a full refund IF the seller does not respond to Paypals dispute/claim process.

So keep the x1 item you received and move on.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UserMango 

Why didn't you just accept the package and pay the seller the refunded money as you had your complete order?

However if you received a full refund and received some of the goods then why not just pay the seller the difference, ask them for a money request or invoice OR use their email address and send money > goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

UserMango
Contributor
Contributor

No no, I did not receive the full order. There are 2 packages, the first one arrived and I accepted it, but there was only 1 item inside.

The second package, with the 2 other items, hasn't arrived yet and has been 1 month in the way and the tracking has not been updated since 29th of April.

I am going to try contact them again, but it seems they do not care because they never responded to the Claim made through Paypal

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UserMango 

You get a full refund IF the seller does not respond to Paypals dispute/claim process.

So keep the x1 item you received and move on.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.