Fraudulent Withdrawals

photog202
Contributor
Contributor

My grandson does not have a Pay Pal account, but Someone is fraudulently withdrawing money from his bank account to Her Pay Pal account apparently using his Bank debit card  # that she got a hold of without permission! We have Called Pay Pal customer service to try and block her and they are absolutely is no help!! since he does not have a Pay pal Account!! How does he stop this Person from doing it?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@photog202 

You would need to contact the bank / cancel the card and get a new one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@photog202 

You would need to contact the bank / cancel the card and get a new one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

photog202
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernolass,  We wound up doing that, and are going to request the bank give him a new account # just in case that is compromised as well . We know the persons name, can she be reported to Pay Pal  and blocked to prevent this happening again?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @photog202 

Thank you for posting your first question in the PayPal Help Community!

Sorry to hear about the fraudulent activity in your grandson account. I would suggest you to report these transactions with the bank. From there, the bank will communicate with us further so we can find and report the transactions for further investigation.

Thanks for the help @kernowlass 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.