Dispute closed in my favour but without my notice / approval - how to reopen / get an outcome?

SkylineSi
New Community Member

Logged a dispute to get a full refund as the products were awful. Escalated the case with Paypal as the seller stopped responding. 

The dispute was ruled in my favour and they granted a refund. However, because of Paypal's useless platform, i didn't get any notifications about the messages and therefore the dispute was closed without my approval.

How can i reopen the case and get my refund. I have emailed the seller directly via multiple email addresses but no response. 

At this point, i want my full refund as point of principal at this stage!

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @SkylineSi,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear the issue with your purchase. I understand that would be upsetting! If the dispute was ruled in your favor, the refund would be processed already to your original payment method. When you dispute a payment, you have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. 

A dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it’s been escalated. Once a case has been closed, it can't be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim. If this is the case, I would suggest you to contact our support team to help you accordingly. You can reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page or message us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.