Dedebell or ttbubble UK or Landbase Trading Company UK Bucks. - bad company reviews

Kentish-girl

Hi - familiar story - ordered from a company without thoroughly checking it. It appeared to be based in the UK. First sign of trouble was on day of order when my Paypal account processed the payment and it was more than the Invoice amount. I immediately cancelled the order....or tried to. Company claimed it had already been packaged up and left the warehouse. I knew that must be a lie but could not prove it. I have contacted Paypal and they are now waiting for a reply from this company - however when reading reviews (all bad) for the company I saw one that said Paypal was unable to refund the money. I honestly cannot afford to lose over £60 and am now really stressed out. Does anyone know if there are genuine reasons why Paypal cannot refund the money - the goods have not arrived and reading reviews this is normal. I only ever use Paypal because I trusted it to protect my money but now I am really concerned. I appreciate I should have looked at reviews first but I did look online and the company appeared genuine. There is a registered address here in UK under the name of LANDBASE TRADING COMPANY UK. based in Buckinghamshire so all appeared to be legit. Will Paypal be able to refund me my money do you think?

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Ravenshoe
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has done NOTHING about these scammers. They use MULTIPLE company names and they are in China, not the UK. My order came from union-fox.c0m, but the payment went to another company which has also been reported on various scam sites. Now my bank is involved.

Login to Me Too

SueCopper
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem with a Chinese company saying they were based in the UK, when the goods arrived they were nothing like I had paid for and PayPal refused to assist me so I only use PayPal when I have to now as they are not customer friendly when something goes wrong!
Login to Me Too

Marmalade2-2021
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly same happened to me.
Login to Me Too

Kaz_29
New Community Member
Why are PayPal still allowing this company to take money, same happened to my mother In law today and PayPal don’t know what they are doing saying it was in dollars - when the item is advertised in Pounds this company is not in UK and constantly charges more than advertised. PayPal stop this company using your facilities
Login to Me Too

Marmalade2-2021
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! I had same problem. Even the company website said it would pay for return of shoddy goods ( to China!) but they refused to honour it and international postage would have cost more than shoes were worth PayPal refused to refund me cos company had agreed I could return them and I had no right of appeal.
Login to Me Too

Bananasplit1
New Community Member
I looked them up on Google maps and it's a motorway service station. How are these people getting away with it???
Login to Me Too

etwhoopsie
Contributor
Contributor

I think they just change their name and continue trading. Neither Facebook nor PayPal appear to make any concerted effort to prevent them defrauding people! I've seen them advertising again on Facebook, but not original name of Honeybil! Good thing is that I am more vigilant now checking out authenticity before I order anything!

Login to Me Too

SW681
Contributor
Contributor

Now trading as Carneliann amongst other names, the name on the PayPal invoice is viewp Co.,Ltd 

I have just had the exact same experience, the invoice amount was £10 more than what I thought I was paying, I cancelled the order within an hour by messaging 2 email addresses but this was ignored and now I am having email round the houses with them claiming the extra fee is for customs. I thought I was buying from the UK. The phone number for Landbase just goes to a message. There was no option to cancel the order via PayPal although I’ve raised a dispute, I don’t understand why PayPal are allowing this 

Login to Me Too

SW681
Contributor
Contributor

Update on this, I had an email saying the items were being inspected at customs in America, funny that because they turned up here the next day delivered by Royal Mail, there is no customs sticker on the package they’ve obviously been sent from this country, the customs story is just to enable them to claim extra money. I paid £60 in total but the package puts a value of £9 for the 3 items and they are very cheap and tacky. PayPal have refunded me in full. Dodgy as 

Login to Me Too

Marmalade2-2021
Contributor
Contributor
So did I ! Even Companies House website doesn’t seem to have clicked this ( don’t they check basic info directors of companies submit?!) Also, they have changed registered address in the uk three times in 9 months. They were using the same business model ( scamming people) under the name of another company before April last year, when that obviously got tainted with too many bad reviews so they closed it and just opened same company with different name ( landbased trading. Ltd) with same directors. Check it out.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.