How to stop this scam: HONG KONG SOOUYA TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

TwoRoses1
Contributor
Contributor

As a test, I paid $1.49 to locate my phone. Never located.

They want to take a monthly amount. None of their emails work.

How do I block them?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Fatoumatajabbi
New Community Member
I’m currently going through the same thing. Unfortunately for me, i somehow got into a subscription and they’re saying it’s authorized
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Fatoumatajabbi,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. It sounds like you created a Billing Agreement/subscription with your seller during a checkout. A billing agreement/subscription authorizes a merchant to take payment from a customer's PayPal account when they make a purchase from the merchant’s website. As a buyer, you must agree to the Billing Agreement before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account. 

Firstly, I would recommend you to cancel the subscription with the merchant to avoid future scheduled payments and try to contact the merchant to request a refund. As you've already disputed the charge in PayPal, please reach out to our support team to try to appeal the outcome. You can reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance. Support is also available through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Vlw432
Contributor
Contributor

Hong Kong Soouya IAT is not showing as a subscription on PayPal but comes out of my bank account allegedly from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vlw432 

Best talk to your bank as it may be going direct via a debit card via the sellers paypal card  processor.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vlw432
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for responding. I actually found it on my other PayPal account and was able to stop the automatic payments.
Login to Me Too

Squirrelnest
New Community Member
Is this company light? HONG KONG SOOUYA TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Login to Me Too

Jimmyz761
New Community Member

I keep getting charged for my company called Hong Kong show you Technologies and I can't get a hold of email or any way to cancel it

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimmyz761 

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Click the merchant.
  5. On this page, you can cancel the automatic payment and change the backup funding source.

Remove permissions:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click Data& Privacy.
  3. Select an available feature and edit if needed.
  4. Click Permissions you’ve given to keep track of the data and permissions you’re sharing with the apps and sites you use.

Then report the recurring payment as unauthorized:

1. Go to the Resolution Center and click Report a Problem.
  2. Select the payment and click Continue.
  3. Select Unauthorized activity in your PayPal account I suspect the subscription or recurring payment was set up by someone else

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

allenw12
New Community Member

Go into your account and stop the recurring payment. Then call PayPal Customer Service and they will create a case and refund you the $39

Login to Me Too

Sallym-45

Did any body get their  money back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.