Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Problem is NOT solved.  Cape Diablo is still on the internet (as of 1/14/2021) and selling overpriced products that I traced to China.  I ordered three bracelets on 12/27/2020 and received two.  The main stone in those two bracelets are not real and they are difficult to close.

Having still not received the third by 1/14 I tracked the third and found it was shipped from China.

Login to Me Too

Deamo1
Contributor
Contributor

HUGE ripoff company. Someone needs to do something about this. Paypal is of no help. They want you to return items to Isreal for double the cost. They are on Instagram. Ppl need to post there and warn others. No other way. 

Login to Me Too

mruddy12

Cape Diablo's ad is on Facebook as of 3/20/21 claiming that they are going out of business and selling  off inventory at 50% off. I'm so glad I googled the company first and found this discussion.

Login to Me Too

TerriB
Contributor
Contributor

That message on Facebook that they were going out of business must have been as scammy as they are because they are very much in business on Etsy and their own website. Sure am glad I read this community because I have always trusted 100% the sellers on Etsy and never had a problem but I sure avoided on this time thanks to those on here.

Login to Me Too

WoodsWanderers
New Community Member
They have a 75% off discount showing on Instagram now. Comments to that post are 56 weeks old, yet it is September 25, 2021.
Login to Me Too

Dancedarkly92
New Community Member
How was your issue resolved? Did you ever receive your items? I am so skeptical of ordering anything now, because I have had some trouble with orders ending up coming from china. I’d just rather not go thru china if I can help it.
Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
My issue was never resolved. They sent me a junk cheap bracelet with very thin thread that broke the first day. Because I was unhappy with the defective jewelry quality, I asked for a refund upon receipt day 1 but was told by cape Diablo that they were going to mail me a replacement bracelet BUT they did not ask me to return the broken bracelet to them! So obviously their profit margins are so high they can mail you 2! I have no desire for rubbish jewelry with bad energy. After 20 emails, no refund and PayPal is no help because the seller is offering to replace….why isn’t the buyers wishes being honored by PayPal? Stinks that I’ve lost hard earned money from this blatantly trash company.
Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply and the experience you had. We can assure you that our products are made from good-quality materials, however please understand that situations like this happen under certain circumstances that we can't avoid. As well, when a replacement is already processed or shipped, we cannot refund it. 

As per our Return Policy, if a product is received defective the customer has the right to receive a new product depending it's availability, and in case it is not available, the customer can be refunded. You may read additional information regarding this here: https://www.capediablo.com/pages/return-policy

Our aim is for our customers to receive their product in a good state, and when we ship a replacement, we really make sure this does not happen again within our possibilities.  We hope your issue has already been resolved, remember you may reach us back should you have any further concerns.

Thank you, 
Cape Diablo Support
Ivonne
Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
When the bracelet arrived broken & I saw the cheap, Junk materials used I did not want another bracelet. I wanted a refund. But your company decided to mail me another bracelet instead of fulfilling my refund request. You also didn’t ask for the broken merchandise to be returned so clearly your profit margins are very high AND you must believe the bracelet was indeed broken & didn’t require the item returned to verify. All of this proves that your company is SHADY and your merchandise is GARBAGE. AVOID this CoMPANY! DO NOT BUY!
Login to Me Too

Ladiep
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t order from them it’s an awful company and the Watch bands are not as described at all. I had to spend a lot of time arguing to have them approve a return
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.