Buyer/Seller protection totally non-existent?

Concerned-User
New Community Member

Hi paypal community, I've been a user for more than 10 years and recently I've encountered 2 cases, one as a buyer and one as a seller via ebay. Both matters were handed to Paypal Resolution center with both results not in my favor.

As a seller, I had shipped the item to the buyer (with tracking) and marked received to the correct address. However the buyer had claimed the item signed for by someone else and that the signature was not his. Paypal had ruled in buyers favor (I'm guessing a simple signature comparison) to require me to refund the buyer. I was unable to appeal as the buyer had provided "sufficient evidence" to deny my dispute to his refund claim.

Second case, the seller had fraudulently sent me an incorrect item and has since deactivated his ebay account after accumulating 40+ negative feedbacks (which other victims likely in similar case as well). After providing all the necessary information to Paypal, Paypal has denied my claim without further explanation.

I'm not sure if anyone in the community has encountered similar cases as mine? It seems like the buyer/seller protection is rather pointless here.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vlbcfcl
Contributor
Contributor

In my case (as a buyer), after 12 days I received email saying "we're working on it. At the very very bottom of that email, as an aside, it asked fo0r "more information". There is no "more" and I didn't see the request. So they closed the case after 3 days,.

I complained. They reopened it. No feedback. Nothin. Nothing. I logged in several times to ask "what's going on?" Nothing. No requests for more info. No specifics. No updates. No indication that they have EVER contacted the seller.

Today, 40 days after they reopened the case, they closed it again, without warning, again claiming I didn;t supply "requested info".

Apparently, we're all supposed to be mind-readers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.