Bank fees, can't find information

Beautifulchaos2
Contributor
Contributor

People keeps trying to take money out of my account but there's no money in that account. I now have three different $45 NSF fees, because they keep trying to take this payment out I haven't bought anything. I don't even know where to look to find out what they're trying to take out

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi @Beautifulchaos2

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. 

I am sorry to hear what is happening. It sounds like there are some payments being requested from your bank. When your bank is being used to fund a payment it can take a day or two to show up or be requested from your bank so it may be that you used your account a few days ago and the payments are only being requested now. If we request a payment from your bank and there are no funds there we will automatically request it again in a few days. If you are unsure what these payments are for you can view your transaction history on your PayPal account for more information. You could also reach out to your bank to request information from them. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Beautifulchaos2
Contributor
Contributor
No the point is they're trying to withdraw money to cover something that came out of my PayPal account when there wasn't money in my PayPal account. But I haven't purchased anything. So I don't know what PayPal paid for me but it wasn't my charge. And now PayPal is trying to get it back out of my account with no money in it so I'm getting charged NSF fees. PayPal shouldn't have paid for something anyway when they shouldn't have. If there's nothing in my bank account and there's nothing in my PayPal account that means I'm not buying anything that needs to come out of either account. So PayPal should never have assumed the charge in the first place because it was not my charge and now they should not be taking anything out of my account because I didn't buy anything. And PayPal doesn't have the right to take something out of my bank account without my permission.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi @Beautifulchaos2

Thanks for that clarification! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity, I can understand how concerning this must be. If you find the activity on your PayPal account, and it's still not familiar to you, we would recommend opening an Unauthorized Dispute on it. If you do not see the activity on your PayPal account, we'd recommend reaching out to your bank or card company to see what options are available to report that transaction.

In regard to why the transaction was paid if there's no balance in your bank, PayPal does not see the balance in your bank when a payment is attempted. Also, the decision to pay it or decline it is up to the bank. They may also still decline the transaction and just charge you a NSF fee depending on their policies. 

Either way, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Good luck with this and future transactions through PayPal. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Beautifulchaos2
Contributor
Contributor
Okay you still don't seem to get it. Whatever this was , was trying to go through my bank account. There was no money in my bank account so PayPal took it upon itself to pay it as a secondary payment source, therefore putting me in a negative balance. Now PayPal is trying to take that negative balance amount out of my bank account, and every time they do I'm getting dinged with $45 NSF charge. Paypal does not have the right to do that. Whatever this payment is it's not authorized by me. I need to know how to get that charge taken off my PayPal, and how to get my NSF fees back because PayPal decided to cover something they shouldn't have.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.