Account fraudulently used to make a purchase. Paypal rejected case.

jonhc
Contributor
Contributor

My account was fraudulently used to make a purchase which debited my bank account. I opened a case with Paypal and they closed the case stating that the transaction was not unauthorized (what?). There does not seem to be a way to appeal the case in my account.  What should I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ashwani3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @jonhc 

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I realize that the unauthorized transaction has caused you some concern. I'm sorry to hear your claim was rejected. I recommend that you discover significant evidence in your favor and pursue a re-investigation, possibly through PayPal support.

You can contact us through the following link 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashwani.

Login to Me Too

Bhmarsh84
New Community Member
I’m going through this very same thing, and it seems as if there are many more who are. Who are you (PayPal) to tell US that we did, in fact, authorize the disputed transaction, and ON TOP OF THAT tell us we have to PROVIDE PROOF THAT WE DID NOT MAKE THE PURCHASE??? How can we possibly provide evidence for something that we did not do????? I had a charge for $580 on my account. THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY for me, and you tell me that it’s “consistent with my purchase history??!!” When have I ever ordered airsoft rifles, or any items from this particular website?? Your security and fraud department is a waste of space, and apparently will let absolutely anything go through. I have already contacted my bank, so they know to flag this charge and to cancel said payment. PayPal is a scam and the best way to protect yourself is to close your account with them.
Login to Me Too

carym1
New Community Member

I had this happen to me today.  Someone fraudulently purchased 4 groupons and PayPal's response was "after reviewing it appears the charges were authorized".  I cannot get anyone to help me.  I live in S.C.  The groupons were purchased to use in California.  I am not having any luck with Groupon either.  This is very disappointing and I have lost all trust in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.