Account Limited Taking Forever to Resolve

jabbamonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I launched an online store, tested it, and it worked fine. After a week, I noticed that I wasn't getting any orders. So, I logged into PayPal and saw that my account was "limited because of suspicious activity" (I was never sent an email, I had customers going to the store and getting error messages for days [and I had no idea], and there was no clarification about WHAT the suspicious activity was). However, despite all these complaints, I entered the required info that PayPal has asked for ... it has now been over 7 business days, and STILL my account it limited and they are reviewing my submitted material.

I have tried PayPal's HELP pages, but they keep referring me to their FAQ pages, which do not help. They all say that once my info has been submitted, they will review. Some pages say it will take 2 days, others say 3, one even says 5 business days, and another says 5-7.  That is EXTREMELY confusing. Either way, it has been over 7 business days, and STILL they are "reviewing" my data. 

I tried contacting PayPal through PayPal Messaging (which, is just the PayPal Assistant), but its completely automated and doesn't help.

I'm extremely frustrated (primarily because there is no way to contact PayPal ... and secondly, because I opened my store, and was never told that PayPal stopped accepting payment)

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jabbamonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Note: I'm not looking for public responses saying, "just wait, they take forever". I'm hoping that someone has a way to resolve this situation. Ideally, I'm hoping someone from PayPal actually reviews these forums and can respond directly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jabbamonkey

Thank you for joining the PayPal Forum and making your post! I'm sorry to hear about the limitation. I understand that frustration, as well as the frustration of the wait for Customer Service. If the automated system was unable to resolve the issue, you should have an option to request to speak with a representative or agent. For account-specific assistance, only Customer Service can assist.

I hope this can be resolved swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jabbamonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Update ... It's been over 9 days since my account was "limited" and I still can't accept payments.  I called PayPal yesterday morning, and spoke with someone ... they said that they would add a note to my account and have someone look at it, and it is usually resolved in 24 hours .... but it's been over 24 hours and my account is STILL limited. I asked the person why my account was limited, and they couldn't give me a reason.

My site became "limited" after my site was launched for only a couple of days. Why is it limited?  I doubt there was hacking or a security breach (because my site was just launched and doesnt have the traffic). My site only sells tshirts and other simple items, so there should  be ZERO violations to PayPal's terms. I find this whole situation idiotic, a HUGE time waste (and I value my time), and a bureaucratic mess on paypal's part. The fact that they can't resolve this or give me answers is absurd.  I'm starting to look for alternative payment solutions....

Login to Me Too

adobasomprince
New Community Member
Please l had a message from Paypal that my account was "limited because of suspicious activity.please Paypal l have a balance in my account so find some means to resolve this issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.