Account Limitations for being under 18 when I'm not, how do I fix this?

HavanaBanana
Contributor
Contributor

I was recently trying to verify my paypal account when suddenly I got limitations being put on my account, the reason being very vague. I was confused so i went over to my emails to find out its because paypal thinks I am under 18. I am 18 and I am not sure how to fix this violation against my account. Is there really nothing I can do to fix this issue? This is terrible. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HavanaBanana 

The point may be were you 18 when you opened your paypal account?

If you were not then it would not matter how old you were now as it would still be considered an illegally opened minor account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HavanaBanana
Contributor
Contributor

i looked at my profile and it says i joined in 2022. i suppose thats the center of all my issues, the only thing about that is i never even touched paypal in 2022 and had only created this account a few days ago. the whole matter just stressed me out too much so i suppose i just wont be able to use paypal for anything seeing as i called customer support and they said there was nothing they could do. thank you anyways for helping me zero in on the issue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HavanaBanana 

Try customer services again, you would never be able to use that minor account again or anything linked to it but now you are 18 they normally let you open a new account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.