cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Options
Madamxxx
Contributor
Can I get my money early if it's held for 180days when my PayPal account was in good standing prior to it being permanently limited, I was never selling or using my PayPal account as a seller, it's simply unjustified

Options
raiken0932
Contributor

ive already submitted a resolution but its almost a year nothing happened ... they never review it

Options
Swagby44
Contributor
Really because you make more sales they lock your account this is for sure why mine has gotten locked, I call customer service and after going back and forth for an hour she just said Ill be honest I dont think you will be able to use pay pal anymore because I told her my original accounts email I used was hacked and if I could recieve the message they send they dont know what to do. Seems crazy to lock accounts when they bring in more sales for themselves and give paypal money, they honestly just could need funds more than in the past and sold more.

Options
iTesla
Contributor

Hi @Swagby44
There are some factors that can influence your account, the country you live in, if your biz is registered and if you pay tax.
Based on what I know there are countries which are limited in receiving funds and this is the cause of local government laws, that is why I think paypal does not want to process money for accounts in such countries.
The local laws in Moldova where I live are afraid of people who can get rich, because the more money you make the more power you have and can influence later the politics using those money or other things which money can buy.
Try maybe offer crypto to your customers, this is for sure the future of money processors.
This is just a opinion of a user.

Options
iTesla
Contributor
Additionally PayPal is just a bridge between US laws and your local laws, if laws don't meet well through this bridge it does not work.
Can't say anything bad about PP it have made my life easier and saved my *** in this poor country I live.
That is why I love you PP and you are my number 1 payment processor!

Options
Swagby44
Contributor
Im in the usa

Options
iTesla
Contributor
It's hard to believe, many factors can't be verified by some messages, I think that is up to PP to verify your real location and account.

Options
Swagby44
Contributor
I just saw this what do you mean its hard to believe im in the usa how would you know? That makes no sense

Options
Wilber3Yea
Contributor

I setup integration with my website following the prompts. My first order comes through and PayPal locks down my account and freezes the funds. $30. Tells me nothing except I have wait 180 days. After a 2 hour wait on hold, I get someone who can't or won't tel why this is happening but promises to do something. 

My first order. Less than $30.

Next I receive an email directing me to the resolution website. In order to resolve the issue, there is a list of 7 or 8 things I need to do. Not going to happen for less than $30.

They can keep it.

Options
iTesla
Contributor

This shows how important is your shop for you, I have vent through all PP steps to be verified, because I care of my website.
Your message sounds as this "i got my first payment and because of PP asked me to do something to get verified, I got scared and have run away" of course such behavior only questions what you sell there, which PP as a bridge must verify your suspicious activity.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.