Account Limitation without Chance to Appeal

retfpc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm a new ecommerce retail novelty business and I recently set up a Paypal business account to offer Paypal payments on my site. However, my Paypal business account was limited on December 31 (“Account features have been deactivated”, “We’re unable to continue processing payments for this account”). I suspect it was due to “inconsistent financial performance in this account” being multiple refunds that I made to myself during payment testing and troubleshooting on my ecommerce store between Dec 17 2023 - Dec 21 2023.. I can see no other reason for the limitation. My store began accepting valid customer Paypal payments for orders on 12/24/2023. How can I appeal this limitation? I called these two customer service numbers, but could not get through to a representative: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call and [removed]

I reached out to customer service yesterday explaining the situation by message and the deactivation email, to request a second opinion. I don't think the limitation is permanent (not sure), but if it is, how is that reasonable without any forewarning or opportunity for me to provide additional info for appeal? This is frustrating and debilitating to try and scramble to find and setup another payment solution for customers. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Willvictim
Contributor
Contributor

The point would be if I ever opened a new account I would know what not to do preventing it from happing again. 

Common sense one would think but Common sense is not so common these days.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willvictim 

Unfortunately if you have had a permanent limitation then you are never allowed to open another Paypal account !

The ban is on you and not just that limited Paypal account. Its permanently limited so you can't use anything on it to try and open a future Paypal account against Paypal rules.

Common sense would tell you that the word permanent means exactly that however common sense is not so common these days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Willvictim
Contributor
Contributor

LOL are you that gullible that you think one cannot open another account after being banned. Common sense sure is not common.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willvictim 

Well you can open another one if you want it to be banned as well.   🤣  Good luck there then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willvictim
Contributor
Contributor

Done already how can they ban me again impossible unless I do what ever I did again. 
You must live a sheltered life if you think you cannot get a new account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willvictim 

The ban is on you and not the old account.

So any new account you open will be banned also.

Thanks for letting us know you have already opened a new account, i will report it now.

Many have tried before and posted back here saying there new accounts have been banned also.

I think you are the one with the sheltered life if you think paypal can't link accounts and ban any future accounts you make.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.