£25 transaction that wasn’t me - won’t let me report the activity

Baker28
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I’m wondering if somebody could help. I’ve woken up this morning to an email of a £25 transaction via Game on my paypal account which wasn’t me. The payment is yet to be processed from what I can see, when I’ve tried to report the payment it says that I am unable to. Ive tried to go down the route of fraudulent activity via the messaging service but the payment itself doesn’t come up in my recent transactions. I’m at a bit of a loss as to how to stop the payment being processed or how to report that it wasn’t me. Any advice welcome Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @Baker28,

This is certainly a concerning email to be greeted with. I think we should take a closer look at the email to make sure it really came from PayPal. When looking at this email does it use your first and last name as it appears on your account? Is it giving you any links to click on to "dispute" the payment? There are many emailed attempts out there to try and compromise customer information so we want to be sure this really is from PayPal. You can also take a look at this article for more ways to identify a phishing email.

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Baker28
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, Thanks for replying. Yes it is a genuine email, it was the first thing I checked. But the transaction itself is on my Payal account with the status of the payment at ‘ordered’ obviously it hasn’t cleared as I had no money in the account so there for it will only clear if I pay money in to the account which I won’t be doing. So for now I’m just stuck with it showing up as a transaction but as I say it won’t let me do anything about it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.