update your details before 4 Feb 2022

simonkllee
Contributor
Contributor

I keep receiving email requesting to update my details from notification icon and every time I log in to check notification icon, there is nothing. What is the problem with paypal sending so confusing message? Does anyone has the same issue? Is the email I receive is not sent from paypal? Anyone please share your thoughts. thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hello , @

my opinion on this,
an email can be misleading. ( scam ) gmail ...

( a fraudulent email always contains a link in it. (which is fraudulent) )
transfer without adding or modifying the email to spoof@paypal.com .
on the other hand, if your paypal account displays a notification and a message to read on it, it is official.

Login to Me Too

WendyJD1
New Community Member
Yes I’ve had the same and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve not used the links in the email in case it’s fraud but it seems legit as they are using my name and the working isn’t poor English which is the usual scam give away.
Login to Me Too

simonkllee
Contributor
Contributor

There is a reply to email the message to spoof@paypal.com and I did. It came back a reply "If you'd like to contact us, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any page, then click Contact Customer Service and select the reason for your contact." The problem of this is that on the bottom of any page of paypal, there is either Help or Contact. There is no Help & Contact. Moreover, in either Help or Contact menu, there is no Contact Customer Service to click. I spent 4 hours to search over Paypal menus and I just can't find Contact customer service. Anyone who is able to find "contact customer service" in paypal please reply this question. What I did find was account limitation which linked me to a message that looked like a new rule in Australia required paypal to create account limitation. I guess paypal may pretend to comply this rule by sending email but that's all. There is no notification can be found in my paypal account and there is no update required. Maybe have to wait until after 4 Feb to see what will happen. But neither way, paypal is stupid to drive users crazy. I have wasted so much time to find nowhere I can update my detail and nowhere I can contact paypal to clarify what's going on. I believe the email is geninue but that's just so stupid. Anyone who receive the email requesting update detail to avoid account limitation please share your experience. If anyone find something please be generous to share. thanks.

Login to Me Too

Paula165
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. It seems I need to update my account and the instructions given are just not making sense. I’m not sure why, after 5 years or so of having a PayPal account, such things as a passport number to my license number, is suddenly required!  I am not willing to give out this information at all

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Paula165, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

If additional information is required from you this will be requested through the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account. You may be notified via email that this information is required, but the email will advise to log into your PayPal account from a secure location, to comply with the additional request. PayPal will not include links in the email requesting this additional information from you. I would recommend logging into your PayPal account, and checking the Resolution Centre. More information on the Resolution Centre can be found here - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-resolution-center-faq3327

If there are no steps requiring your action, you may have received a phishing email. More information on how to spot phishing emails can be found here - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-spot-and-report-a-fake,-fraudulent,-or-phishing-pa...

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.