seller has ignored customs and won't accept the return, PayPal siding with them, what to do?

daviesmt1994
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case on the 29th of June 2021, I posted the item with tracking on the 6th of July, tracking info showed it arrive in destination country and has sat in customs every since, I have contacted china post who informed me the item was not released as the recipient did not contact them (I provided PayPal with screenshots of this conversation). I have now phoned PayPal up 5 times, messaged them another 6 or 7, each time being told I am covered and the case will be reviewed, only for the case to be denied again because there is no tracking showing the item has been delivered, I am currently out of pocket over £850 and have no clue what do as PayPal is just being stupid at the moment.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daviesmt1994 

Thats ridiculous, as you have done everything asked of you to get the item back to the seller then nor sure why they can't refund you.

Try all the following contact ways and if still no luck then you have the option to do a chargeback if you funded your Paypal payment with a card OR seek legal advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daviesmt1994
Contributor
Contributor

I will try and file a chargeback now but have no clue how likely that is to work (fingers crossed though) it seems PayPal are denying the claim because the tracking info doesn't say why customs failed i.e. because the seller ignored them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daviesmt1994 

I would phone one last time and state you have done everything asked of you and its not your fault the seller is refusing to pick up the item.

If you are going to be declined a refund because of that then all a seller has to do is not pick up an item and they may win every claim !!!!!!

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gatordoll
New Community Member

I am having the same problem! I just got off the phone with PayPal agent and he is resubmitting my claim.  I was requesting reimbursement from seller in China in addition to the return postage.  Seller has not accepted my return item and has ignored my emails.  Supposedly a PayPal representative will be contacting me.  Will keep you posted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.