refund amount not the same as the disputed amount

mcz117
New Community Member

Hi, I just had a really bad experience with a seller who promised me a refund for over 2 months but never sent one so I tried the refund option on PayPal. The total price of the goods including shipping was 33€ but when my refund request went through and was approved the disputed amount changed to 15,41€ for some reason. Any ideas where the other half went?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mcz117

Welcome! Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent dispute. Normally, the dispute amount is set when first opening the dispute through our Resolution Center. However, if the refund amount isn't what you had originally set as the dispute amount, it may also be that the merchant offered a partial refund and that was accepted by the buyer. If neither of those situations are what's occurring, please reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.