item not received

fmtwo
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered shoes May 6. My payment went through. I have not yet received a shipping notice from the seller and there was no reply when I tried to email them. Paypal denied my dispute and said the payment was not unauthorized.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fmtwo 

Why did you open a dispute for unauthorised???

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Why didn't you open one for non receipt of item OR did you negate your buyer protection by sending a friends/family payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fmtwo
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't find anything about non-receipt of item. Dispute was the closest reason I could find.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fmtwo 

Then did you pay using the friends/family option? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fmtwo
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know. I'm not entirely familiar with paypal and use it only occasionally.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @fmtwo!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community!

I am really sorry to hear that your dispute was denied. However, if you don't receive an item, the correct reason code you need to select is 'Item not received'. If you didn't see this option when you filed the dispute, it is very likely that you sent the payment using the 'Friends and family' option. Please note that personal transactions aren't covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. 

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.