how to contact seller thru PayPal to have record of communication

JAL64
Contributor
Contributor

I have reason to believe a purchase I made thru PayPal may result in a dispute and request for refund. I need to contact the seller in attempt to resolve the issue (I have received no transaction communication from the seller, no confirmation, no shipping status, no nothing.)  I want to be able to create a record of communication to be able to prove to PayPal that I have attempted to resolve the issue on my own. The only help PayPal has been is to provide the seller's email but no way to actually communicate thru PayPal so I can't create a contact record. Is there a way to do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @JAL64

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent purchase isn't going quite a planned. What you've described sounds like the first 20 days of a Dispute. I pulled the following information from the Help Center article What's the difference between a dispute and a claim?

"In a dispute, the buyer and seller have 20 days to exchange messages in the Resolution Center to try to solve the problem. For example, the buyer can ask for a refund, ask the seller to resend the item, or arrange a return. In a dispute, PayPal doesn’t get involved or decide the outcome."

From there, the article goes on to detail how to escalate the dispute to a claim if needed. I hope that helps, good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @JAL64

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent purchase isn't going quite a planned. What you've described sounds like the first 20 days of a Dispute. I pulled the following information from the Help Center article What's the difference between a dispute and a claim?

"In a dispute, the buyer and seller have 20 days to exchange messages in the Resolution Center to try to solve the problem. For example, the buyer can ask for a refund, ask the seller to resend the item, or arrange a return. In a dispute, PayPal doesn’t get involved or decide the outcome."

From there, the article goes on to detail how to escalate the dispute to a claim if needed. I hope that helps, good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JAL64
Contributor
Contributor

I had already considered the Resolution Center but did not open a dispute at the time because it did not appear to provide a way for me to  communicate directly with the seller. All I could do was start the dispute process and then PayPal contacts the seller. No way for me to work "face-to-face", only "third party" intervention.  In the end I did open a dispute and am now waiting on the process.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.