hack

praniya14
Contributor
Contributor

My laptop was lost for 3 hours. and someone logs in to my paypal and sends payment to his account. I reported this to the police station but they can't help me, Can you guys help me with this? ask me any evidence i can provide, funny part is don't get a two factor code to my phone when hacker stole my money. i put a ticket but funny think is ticket is closed, i put my account was hacked but they reply

Case statusClosed
Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection."

ok i reply to paypal support team, "ask that hacker why i pay this 84$ to him. ask him for proof evidence you guys can see the truth. That was my whole monthly income. I want to live for that money, this is not a joke or i don't try to fool paypal. I was hacked and someone stole. please ask that hacker for evidence, i'm not cheating here hope you guys understand my feeling. If you guys want any evidence from my side I can provide. hit me up"

anyone can help?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@praniya14 

Your paypal account wasn't hacked, you allowed access to it albeit inadvertently by losing your laptop. The security of your lost laptop was your responsibility and sadly not paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

praniya14
Contributor
Contributor

thats why i asking them refund

Login to Me Too

justhelpalready
Contributor
Contributor

"[didnt] get a two factor code to my phone" 
this happened to me as well but on another app. possibly paypal too, but im not sure at the moment. i always have to input a 2FA code, but the one time it wouldve actually helped me at all, they apparently didnt need to. that or theres a way to change phone number without logging in. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.